The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-28-2023, 03:17 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Stevie needs a circle around her that puts her at the center of everything, and people can't do that once they have their own lives.
Stevie is the alpha dog in that pack.

Gone are the days when Judy Wong and Rebecca Alvarez told Stevie where to park it.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-28-2023, 07:05 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I dunno.... I think she and Mary were always close, and talked, but it seems like she pops up more nowadays in pics of Stevie and her entourage in different places. For example, Mary was def part of the group of friends she went traveling around the world with in the past 15 or so yrs, seeing all the sites she never saw when she was touring doing shows, e.g., Italy (where she got inspired to write Italian Summer). I'm guessing that's probably because Mary's kids(s) are grown, she's more available to do 'girl friend" stuff again.. I think a lot of Stevie's circle got married and had families and that doesn't lend itself to partying and jumping on a jet at the drop of a hat or helping Stevie move her bed into the closet at 3 am on a coke binge and all that sort of stuff....so her circle has to change over time to have friends who are as free spirited and unencumbered as Stevie is. (My mind also flashes to that scene in the DR doc when they are rehearsing for the tour and Stevie wants to keep going all night and get through the whole set and Lindsey, who had a wife and young kids was like "nope, I gotta be outta here at x time" because of his family obligations).

It's like Sharon lived in her house and was the person Stevie could wake up at 2 am to help her record a demo but eventually Sharon needed to be a grown up with her own place and her own significant other and all that. Lori married and became a mom and stopped touring, which Stevie at times was a bit judge-y about. Stevie needs a circle around her that puts her at the center of everything, and people can't do that once they have their own lives. Poor Karen.
I know Mary works for Stevie on solo tours and she did on the last FM tour. She does the teleprompter and I think the dressing rooms but definitely the teleprompters.

I remember in 2017 Stevie complained that rehearsal for The Classic West was at 2:00pm because Lindsey had to get home to have dinner with his wife and kids, because she wouldn't be awake at 2pm
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2023, 06:59 PM
krrrby's Avatar
krrrby krrrby is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah ..I don't quite get that one anymore either . With the flat nasal bellowing and very geriatric spins someone would have to pay me to go and sit through it.
It can be argued that watching her twirl these days is at the same speed of a can opener. It's a little cringy to watch anymore, like just stop, you don't have to do it anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2023, 07:08 PM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
It can be argued that watching her twirl these days is at the same speed of a can opener. It's a little cringy to watch anymore, like just stop, you don't have to do it anymore.
The good news is, you donít have to watch her perform.

I didnít see Genesis on their last tour, but I read that Phil Collins couldnít walk and had to be seated on a stool while he sang. Some people said he shouldnít have been performing because he couldnít walk. Other people said he should still perform anyway. I personally donít feel comfortable saying someone shouldnít perform anymore because theyíre getting older. If people are still willing to pay to see someone perform, thatís their right.

Lindsey was said to not be performing to his usual ability the last few dates of his last tour. He, too, is getting older. But you know what, if he feels he can still perform, and if he wants to, then more power to him. As our favorite artists get older, yes their voices will lose their power, and no they wonít be able to perform with the energy they used to, but for some people, the joy they get watching their favorites perform is worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-01-2023, 08:09 PM
krrrby's Avatar
krrrby krrrby is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The good news is, you donít have to watch her perform.

I didnít see Genesis on their last tour, but I read that Phil Collins couldnít walk and had to be seated on a stool while he sang. Some people said he shouldnít have been performing because he couldnít walk. Other people said he should still perform anyway. I personally donít feel comfortable saying someone shouldnít perform anymore because theyíre getting older. If people are still willing to pay to see someone perform, thatís their right.

Lindsey was said to not be performing to his usual ability the last few dates of his last tour. He, too, is getting older. But you know what, if he feels he can still perform, and if he wants to, then more power to him. As our favorite artists get older, yes their voices will lose their power, and no they wonít be able to perform with the energy they used to, but for some people, the joy they get watching their favorites perform is worth it.
If I remember correctly, didn't Lindsey get Covid before he had to cancel? That could have been why he was looking a little sluggish. Granted he has other health issues that have been made obvious to the public.

I still love to watch Stevie perform to an extent, I just wish she wouldn't focus so much on the physicality part of it. She could sit in a chair for all I care. I wish she would put more oomph into her vocals like she did on some of those shows in 2017 where she was on fire. It seems like she's running out of steam. Who knows, maybe she'll turn things around. I'm not feeling very hopeful about it though. And at $300 for a ticket, I'll stick to YouTube.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-01-2023, 08:55 PM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
If I remember correctly, didn't Lindsey get Covid before he had to cancel? That could have been why he was looking a little sluggish. Granted he has other health issues that have been made obvious to the public.

I still love to watch Stevie perform to an extent, I just wish she wouldn't focus so much on the physicality part of it. She could sit in a chair for all I care. I wish she would put more oomph into her vocals like she did on some of those shows in 2017 where she was on fire. It seems like she's running out of steam. Who knows, maybe she'll turn things around. I'm not feeling very hopeful about it though. And at $300 for a ticket, I'll stick to YouTube.
Iím pretty sure youíre right that Lindsey had Covid or something those last few dates. But obviously, being older like he is now, he canít shake off those things like younger folks can.

I think Stevie is definitely running out of steam. I mean, for her age, she seems incredibly healthy, but yeah, thereís no way sheís going to put on a show like she did even 5 years ago. I saw Dolly maybe 7 years ago, and she was so much fun! Vocally, she did that annoying whisper speaking thing because she canít hit the notes anymore, but it was still a fantastic show. Iím hoping Stevie and Lindsey continue to perform as long as theyíre up for it. Because thereís not going to be many more opportunities to see them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


JOHN McVIE (Fleetwood Mac) Signed/Autographed 8x10 Photograph picture

JOHN McVIE (Fleetwood Mac) Signed/Autographed 8x10 Photograph

$40.00



JOHN MCVIE & CHRISTINE MCVIE SIGNED 8x10 PHOTO AUTOGRAPHED FLEETWOOD MAC COA picture

JOHN MCVIE & CHRISTINE MCVIE SIGNED 8x10 PHOTO AUTOGRAPHED FLEETWOOD MAC COA

$424.99



Mick Fleetwood John McVie autographed Fleetwood Mac album vinyl proof Beckett picture

Mick Fleetwood John McVie autographed Fleetwood Mac album vinyl proof Beckett

$902.49



"Fleetwood Mac" John McVie Hand Signed 8X10 B&W Photo Todd Mueller COA

$299.99



FLEETWOOD MAC GUITAR PICK JOHN MCVIE GOLD ON WHITE BASS BUCKINGHAM NICKS picture

FLEETWOOD MAC GUITAR PICK JOHN MCVIE GOLD ON WHITE BASS BUCKINGHAM NICKS

$45.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved