User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
How much was the settlement with damages?
Not enough. There should have been a head on a platter in the settlement.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Festivals Tour 2022?

Coachella
Lollapalooza
Bonnaroo
BottleRock
New Orleans
Governors Ball
Festival De Quebec

What else?
No Coachella or BottleRock. Any body have guesses for other festivals?
Old 01-21-2022, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No Coachella or BottleRock. Any body have guesses for other festivals?
Could be another Azoff centric festival.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-21-2022, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Could be another Azoff centric festival.
I'd guess she'll do Desert Trip on her own.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's not doing Governor's Ball.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So if things go well, pandemic wise, she will do these festivals. So there will be no Fleetwood Mac tour in 2022. If she works on another album or her miniseries on Rhiannon, the prospect of another Mac tour wouldn't be for a few more years. At that time, we are talking mid to late 70's and who knows if Neil or Mike would be available. I'm thinking we might have seen the last of Fleetwood Mac onstage unless it's Mick, Chris, John and Lindsey.

Stevie said these are her last youthful years and I'm thinking it will be all about her projects that she has wanted to do. I just hope we really see them come to fruition. Another 24K album, a book, the Rhiannon project. I can do without the constant touring.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-27-2022, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
So if things go well, pandemic wise, she will do these festivals. So there will be no Fleetwood Mac tour in 2022. If she works on another album or her miniseries on Rhiannon, the prospect of another Mac tour wouldn't be for a few more years. At that time, we are talking mid to late 70's and who knows if Neil or Mike would be available. I'm thinking we might have seen the last of Fleetwood Mac onstage unless it's Mick, Chris, John and Lindsey.

Stevie said these are her last youthful years and I'm thinking it will be all about her projects that she has wanted to do. I just hope we really see them come to fruition. Another 24K album, a book, the Rhiannon project. I can do without the constant touring.
Great post. I would differ with you in that FM could do a tour and she could squeeze in festival appearances. The festival setlist will probably be the one she played at the fairs and festivals in 2017 with a more sped up Show Them the Way... if that makes it since it may fall flat with a GA crowd, so it's not like she has to do long rehearsals and then production rehearsals.

Also, I don't think there would ever be an FM without Stevie that would have Lindsey in it.

I don't think Stevie is working on new songs. We knew when she was working on them in 2010 and 2014. The only thing we know she does now is collabs and appearances at festivals without new product.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Also, I don't think there would ever be an FM without Stevie that would have Lindsey in it.
What if she died?
Old 01-27-2022, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What if she died?
I think they'd bring in Sheryl Crow, one of the members of Haim, Shakira, or Vanessa Carlton and have Neil and Mike. If Neil were too old, they'd bring in Harry Styles.

I think Lindsey's time with FM ended four years ago today! And that's good for him because he was part of FM's final new release of music and that's memorialized on the 50 Years Don't Stop disc with Sad Angel as the finap track.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Christine is currently 78, she'll be 79 in July. If Stevie does stuff other than FM for another year or two, we've got band members in their 80s. Not gonna happen. And I for one wouldn't pay to go see it. John just turned 76, Mick's turning 75 in June, and Stevie will be 74 in June.

I get why Stevie is mad at losing the 2+ years to COVID. However, she said in an interview that she was going stir crazy cooped up in her house, and that she's in a bubble with a few friends, and those friends said to her "hey we should record a whole bunch of stuff since we're stuck here" and she reported that she told them (in what came off as a real huff) that it was easy for THEM to say that when SHE is the one on the hook to come up with stuff to record.

Well, guess what, this would have been that perfect time to work on the Rhiannon stuff she always cried she didn't have time for.

Turn those journals into a book.

Alllllll the projects she SAYS she wants to do. The reality is, she can't focus.

One good thing about Dave Stewart was he cranks out content and pushed her to do same-- album, photo exhibits, etc.

Here's the other thing.... after a certain point you just can't pull off looking like the same Stevie Nicks you always did. There's only so much botox and plastic surgery before it makes you look hideous. And I don't see her as the 'age gracefully' type. When her looks decline further, I just think she's gonna have hard time. Her voice is already mostly gone.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-27-2022 at 11:34 PM..
Old 01-27-2022, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think they'd bring in Sheryl Crow, one of the members of Haim, Shakira, or Vanessa Carlton and have Neil and Mike. If Neil were too old, they'd bring in Harry Styles.

I think Lindsey's time with FM ended four years ago today! And that's good for him because he was part of FM's final new release of music and that's memorialized on the 50 Years Don't Stop disc with Sad Angel as the finap track.
I disagree. Mick would be on the phone with Lindsey the SECOND Stevie's heart monitor stopped. I'd bet anything!
Old 01-27-2022, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Christine is currently 78, she'll be 79 in July. If Stevie does stuff other than FM for another year or two, we've got band members in their 80s. Not gonna happen. And I for one wouldn't pay to go see it. John just turned 76, Mick's turning 75 in June, and Stevie will be 74 in June.

I get why Stevie is mad at losing the 2+ years to COVID. However, she said in an interview that she was going stir crazy cooped up in her house, and that she's in a bubble with a few friends, and those friends said to her "hey we should record a whole bunch of stuff since we're stuck here" and she reported that she told them (in what came off as a real huff) that it was easy for THEM to say that when SHE is the one on the hook to come up with stuff to record.

Well, guess what, this would have been that perfect time to work on the Rhiannon stuff she always cried she didn't have time for.

Turn those journals into a book.

Alllllll the projects she SAYS she wants to do. The reality is, she can't focus.

One good thing about Dave Stewart was he cranks out content and pushed her to do same-- album, photo exhibits, etc.

Here's the other thing.... after a certain point you just can't pull of looking like the same Stevie Nicks you always did. There's only so much botox and plastic surgery before it makes you look hideous. And I don't see her as the 'age gracefully' type. When her looks decline further, I just think she's gonna have hard time. Her voice is already mostly gone.
I think she will never do another album or anything like that if she hasn't done it now while off the road. I think after covid lifts another attempt at a tour croaking out the oldies is it. And maybe the odd vocal guest spot on someone else's album track.

She has lost her final chance to leave us with something more than that.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post

Yeah, when she refused to contribute to Buckingham/McVie, and make it a FM album. She's really great for the band.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I think she will never do another album or anything like that if she hasn't done it now while off the road. I think after covid lifts another attempt at a tour croaking out the oldies is it. And maybe the odd vocal guest spot on someone else's album track.

Maybe a one-off digital song release like Show Them the Way before the 2024 election.

I'm really surprised that she hasn't done a second Songs from the Vault album. I remember when she did press for 24 Karat Gold she said she would do another one. She also said that when she would tour for 24 Karat Gold, that she would do songs from In Your Dreams that she didn't do in 2011-2012

She didn't come through with that as Moonlight and Annabel Lee were done every IYD show and New Orleans was performed live once on the IYD tour.

As far as a tour croaking out the oldies, isn't that what she's doing with these festival appearances?
Old 01-28-2022, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
in 2022. If she works on another album or her miniseries on Rhiannon

Remember that Ledgie named Sue that used to annoy me with every post of hers about Stevie saying, "missed opportunities?" Well I really have to agree here. So many musicians were extremely productive during Lockdown with great success. Taylor Swift released 2 CD's and both were hits. Elton John's duet record is doing very well. But Stevie unfortunately is all talk and no action. She's always been that way. Makes so many promises about future projects she will never do because the only thing she ever wants to do is tour.