User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2021, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
Has anyone ever been able to decipher the last verse that Stevie sings on this live version of Sisters of the Moon? I've heard her do it a few other times as well. The most I can pick out is "where have the white birds flown; have they flown so very far". I can't make out the last two lines.
Nope I could never figure this out either. Based on the new version, I came up with this unintelligble gem...

Where are the white birds flown, baby
Have they flown so very far
No they're just a please
They're in your heart

Where are those white birds flown
No, no, that's just a sneeze

Old 05-06-2021, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
Has anyone ever been able to decipher the last verse that Stevie sings on this live version of Sisters of the Moon? I've heard her do it a few other times as well. The most I can pick out is "where have the white birds flown; have they flown so very far". I can't make out the last two lines.
'Where have the white birds flown?
Have they flown so very far?
No, they're just asleep...'

Can't make out the last line: 'Therein.... ???'
Old 05-06-2021, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mick is a lying sack of sh*t. A deluxe scumbag.
Homer, you never disappoint! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
These tracks are very exciting. I couldn’t be happier. I am always drawn back quite nostalgically to the final month of the 1980 tour, and consider that month the band’s live pinnacle (not counting the blistering Green days, of course). The most heavily invested jamming I can ever remember the band doing — the most playful sort of musical circumnavigation and the brashest, snottiest attitude — was during that month on all of Lindsey Buckingham’s battering-ram songs: “What Makes You Think,” “World Turning,” “Go Your Own Way,” and above all “Not That Funny.”
Such a perfect description of those songs, and most of his stuff on Tusk. He was mad, mad, mad at Stevie. I'm stealing the "battering-ram" bit.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
'Where have the white birds flown?
No, they're just asleep...'

Can't make out the last line: 'Therein.... ???'
Yes. It's from Cecelia.

"Where have the white birds flown?
No, they're just asleep
Therein, therein, herein"
Old 05-10-2021, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
From Steve Hoffman Music Forum

The sleeve for the LIVE album indicated that this song was recorded at a soundcheck in Santa Monica, CA, but there is some evidence indicating that it may be a studio track after all. It seems our Fleetwood Mac heroes were possibly telling a little lie about this track.
And the dates on the new Live package are confusion, too. Aside from Farmer’s Daughter and all the other nonsense dates for about eight of the live tracks, there is One More Night, which is dated 9.4.80 in the running order and 6.7.79 for the 7-inch single. We know that didn’t happen for two identical-sounding cuts.

All stupid, all careless, and all emblematic of how unorganized the Fleetwood Mac archivists have always been. Maybe the archivist clerk pulled a mislabeled Farmer’s Daughter originally in 1980, or maybe there actually was a live Farmer’s Daughter from Santa Monica in September 1980 and nobody was ever able to find the damn thing.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-10-2021, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
They're in your heart

Where are those white birds flown
No, no, that's just a sneeze

Sneeze is hilarious
Old 05-10-2021, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's truly not that hard to spell.
I know how to spell the fellow’s name, but now that I use voice dictation more, if it’s wrong it’s wrong. I am not even that particular about spelling “Michele” correctly.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The vision of them all sitting around crying about Farmer’s Daughter is a bit much to swallow.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The vision of them all sitting around crying about Farmer’s Daughter is a bit much to swallow.
Yep, that’s romantic the way Love Finds Andy Hardy is romantic.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2021, 01:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Live’ now available as separate 3CD and 2LP sets

Having released the box set last month, Rhino have announced that they will reissue standalone 3CD and 2LP vinyl versions of the Fleetwood Mac Live reissue.

As a reminder, this live double album was originally released in 1980 and features music mostly recorded during the world tour for 1979’s Tusk. The strong setlist includes massive hits such as ‘Dreams’, ‘Go Your Own Way’, ‘Rhiannon’, and ‘Don’t Stop’.

The new standalone three-CD set is as the same as in the box, so two discs as per the original release – except remastered – and a bonus CD featuring over an hour of unreleased live material. The 14 bonus live tracks include seven songs from the Tusk tour (1979-80), four from the Rumours tour (1977) and three from the Mirage tour (1982).

The 2LP vinyl isn’t quite so exciting since it’s simply a remastered version of the original. There is no bonus seven-inch because that is exclusive to the box set. Nevertheless, you now don’t need to buy that same box if all you want is remastered vinyl.

Both three-CD and 2LP versions of Live will be released on 25 June 2021.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/...-and-2lp-sets/
Old 06-02-2021, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have a link, but I saw this on a FM FB page.
--------------------------------------------------

Fleetwood Mac Live: 3CD and 2LP Sets to be released separately. Available June 25, 2021
When Fleetwood Mac released their first live album in December 1980, it captured the legendary band’s most iconic lineup on stage demonstrating the full scope of their collective, creative powers. Recorded mostly during the world tour for Tusk, FleetwoodMac Live delivered a double-album’s worth of exhilarating performances that included massive hits like “Dreams” and “Go Your Own Way,” “Rhiannon,” and “Don’t Stop.”
Back in April, Rhino gave the band’s live debut a much-deserved encore with a new 3-CD/2-LP collection that features a remastered version of the original release plus more than an hour of unreleased live music recorded between 1977 and 1982. Following this, Rhino will make the newly remastered live album available as a double vinyl on 25th June 2021 (vinyl doesn't include the previously unreleased material)
Rhino will also make available a separate 3-CD version which includes remastered versions of the original 2-CD version, plus it will include a third disc of remastered previously unreleased tracks.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are two of the demos from the $100 "third disc"!
Sent to me from a former Ledgie who was banned from here.

One More Lonely Night. Christine's voice is so crystal clear. Stunning. The rightful STAR of FM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI

Fireflies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdOzAm78gM
Old 06-25-2021, 03:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Here are two of the demos from the $100 "third disc"!
Sent to me from a former Ledgie who was banned from here.

One More Lonely Night. Christine's voice is so crystal clear. Stunning. The rightful STAR of FM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI

Fireflies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdOzAm78gM
Nice! They are on Spotify now too, and I expect other platforms. I agree, that One More Night demo is PERFECTION. I've been ignoring that song for years (just wrote it off into the same tepid ballad category at Never Make Me Cry) but her vocals on this are beautiful. Just re-listened to the full band version with fresh ears and have a new appreciation for it.

That Fireflies demo is... something. Interesting to hear them working it out, I suppose. Never realized how important the guitar/vocal harmonies were on that song until they were taken away. Wish they had included the duet version with more Lindsey somewhere on this set (on that note, it would have been cool if that song had more parts for all three vocalists, with it being about the whole band and everything)

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 06-25-2021, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
That Fireflies demo is... something. Interesting to hear them working it out, I suppose. Never realized how important the guitar/vocal harmonies were on that song until they were taken away.
This is just Stevie on piano and Mick playing, right?

I like this more than the LIVE one.

Piano bouncing through the song.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Both women’s voices sound superb on their respective songs!

I also think both of these songs could’ve used one or two more melodic ideas/hooks to push them over the top. The demo versions make that even clearer than the released ones.

I still like them though.