The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2003, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM "Conversations" Bootleg. Hilarious!

I just received this bootleg through a trade. It was recorded by Mick of various conversations between himself, Christine, and Stevie. I don't know why he recorded it, but its funny cause throughout the recording Christine keeps telling him to shut the recorder off. I thought I would transcribe some of it cause it is absolutely hilarious!

In the first part they are in the studio and Chris tells Stevie that Lindsey is going to sing one of her songs and Stevie says " I will never forgive you if you let Lindsey sing one of your songs and not me." Then Christine tries to explain..."no, no, he's going to sing Hold Me and I'm going to sing harmony," all the while Stevie is chanting "it's over, its over, its over" over Christine's explanation.

Then Stevie is talking about Robin's cancer and how her hair isn't falling out yet and how she knows she is going to make it. Pretty sad. Then all of a sudden Stevie says, "does anyone have any pot, cause that's why we came over here." Ken then tells her that he has some coke that will keep her up for another hour and Stevie says "no it won't cause it's not that kind of coke." It's pretty hilarious.

Then later, they are riding somewhere in a limo. Stevie tells Mick, to "shut up about his unhappiness because the girls are happy." Then Chris says "at least the girls are happy because I'm half way to being drunk," and Stevie says, "its ok, because I"m trying to catch up with you and I knew you would share your drink with me. I always have a drink on stage and everyone says well, there she goes."

Then Mick asks Stevie if she really had photographs taken in the hall the night before and Stevie denies it. Then Chris says something about "some guy that left her room at 5:00 in the morning" and Stevie is like "mmhmm," and Chris says, "there was alot of other people there" and Stevie says, "yah, really? why didn't you call me up, I was bored stiff lying on my bed watching television." The argument between Stevie and Mick continues on about the photographs, Mick saying that "Stevie is out of her brains." Stevie goes on and on interrupting Mick and Chris asks "can we please only have one voice at once," and Mick says, "she's deranged and she was drunk. It's what's known as decorum." And Stevie apoligizes for interrupting then asks to be dropped off at a church because her mother always said she should go to a convent and everyone starts snickering and laughing. Then Stevie says "Mick is wearing the worst shoes she has ever seen in her life." Then they all start making fun of them. They then pass a graveyard and Stevie says "she loves graveyards, but Lindsey really loves graveyards!"

Chris starts complaining that "shes a mere pawn" between Mick and Stevie. Stevie says, "Chris we have never considered you a mere pawn" Then Mick says, "maybe only late at night." Then they all start laughing and Stevie asks Mick if he recorded that and he says no he turned it off and she says, "Erase it!" He then says he's going to let her mother listen to it and Stevie says "her mother likes him and she doesn't know why."

Next they are backstage or something and they start discussing Lindsey's seizure and his spinal tap. Apparently they don't know what's going on and they are talking about how the doctor said he should sit in a chair for a performance. They're talking about how they should cancel the concert because it would be "bizarre." They then discuss how Lindsey "could be a hero" if he does do the concert. Chris starts talking about how she doesn't know what's going on with Lindsey's illness and she doesn't know what to say when people ask her about it. Chris asks if "there is anything wrong with saying he has a mild form of epilepsy" and Mick says, "yes." Then someone asks Mick if he wants a joint and he says "Yes I'll have a puff"

Anyway that's the jist of it. I can't figure out when it was recorded because in the first part they are talking about Lindsey singing on "Hold Me," then in the second part they are talking about Lindsey's seizure that happened right after the Philly concert in July of 1978. Maybe it's two different recording spliced together.

Does anyone else have this recording? Sorry, I can't send this via email, I only have it on CD, but perhaps someone who does have it can and has the capability to post it can do so. It's about 45 minutes long.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 10-21-2003, 05:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Crazy/Fun times

Oh boy, that would make criminally good viewing!! Thanks for transcribing all that, AliP!
Old 10-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was hysterical to read...to hear it is probably even better...lol Thanks for sharing, Ali!!
Old 10-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

~~~Thanks for sharing - how funny is Stevie saying to Mick, "My mother likes you but I don't know why!"
"These days Lindsey deals with me on a much kinder level. And I'm more willing to be open with him. It's nice to think that I might go to my grave being Lindsey's friend and not a thorn in his side for all eternity."
~~~Stevie Nicks - August, 1997~~~
Old 10-21-2003, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's so funny! I love reading/hearing things like this...little clips of what is was really like back in the day.

Is this available for trade? Anyone?

Susie
Old 10-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by LilyRose

That's so funny! I love reading/hearing things like this...little clips of what is was really like back in the day.

Is this available for trade? Anyone?

Susie
I was wondering about the trade. If someone has it for trade, please let me know. I'd love to hear this.
Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-21-2003, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the notes and partial transcription Ali. That sounds pretty funny...and sort of bizarre. I've heard a little piece of this, but not the full thing you've described here. I heard the parts where Stevie is saying how she just knows Robin is going to be okay. That part is pretty sad since she sounds so certain and optimistic.

A few years ago I transcribed a tape of the press conference the band gave when they announced the one show cancellation because of Lindsey's spinal tap. Mick discussed the spinal tap, but not the epilepsy, so I guess he did feel it was "wrong" to divulge Lindsey's illness....maybe at least until Lindsey would have the chance to do it himself.

I guess Mick must have just walked around with a tape recorder taping bits of conversation?? If he, himself, used the same tapes and taped over and over, he might have segments from 1978 next to segments that had to have come later. Just a thought.

Anyway, thanks. Interesting reading!
Old 10-21-2003, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! Thanks for posting that. Cool reading. I would love to trade for it, if anyone is up for it. Just email me, and I'll let you know what I have to trade. SachaFlo@charter.net

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 10-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That was hilarious. I burst out laughing when Stevie switched gears and asked if anyone had any pot. Has anyone heard the other clip where Stevie is in the studio and asks for a puff before recording... That was disturbing, but interesting at the same time to hear as well.

If anyone is trading on this stuff... Here's my website:

http://www.angelfire.com/mac2/nickslive/TradeSite.htm

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll like a trade on this too if anyone has it available....

mjennings1977@comcast.net

Maria