User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I tend to agree. Did Christine really have that much influence/clout?

I love Bob's music, both solo and with FM, and absolutely believe he should've been inducted, especially since Spencer and Kirwan were included. I wonder if the RRHOF's "reasoning" was if they let Bob in, they'd have to induct Vito, Burnette, Mason, Weston, etc. too It's just hard for me to believe that Christine was that powerful.
I think when it came to the induction ceremony(I'm speculating), she just said, "if he's in, I won't be there".
I always knew she was tough, but I guess that if you mess with Christine McVie, you might end up at the bottom of the river, wearing cement boots!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think when it came to the induction ceremony(I'm speculating), she just said, "if he's in, I won't be there".
That I can see. But then who actually asked the RRHOF not to induct Bob? I never thought the bands had any say in the induction process. I thought the committee inducted whomever they saw fit. Of course when it comes time for the actual ceremony, who attends, who plays, who speaks, etc. must obviously be hammered out by the band members.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
That I can see. But then who actually asked the RRHOF not to induct Bob?
This is my question as well. I can easily believe Chris said that she wouldn't stand on the same stage as him, petty as that might be. But is that enough to have made whoever decides these things exclude Bob?

Who does decide these things? I'm very confused by the whole process.

In any case, whatever her issues were with him, I don't know that I believe in her having that much power over the process. At least not any more than the other members of the band. Why would her opinion override everyone else's?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It COULD be that Christine’s lack of solo success irritated her, and she felt less than Bob as a solo artist.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that, though. Christine was the one with the most hit singles in Fleetwood Mac.

I just don’t think that her solo record meant as much to her as Fleetwood Mac records. I think it was a fun thing she did when the opportunity presented itself. She’s made it clear that she’s NOT Stevie or Lindsey. She needs a band, preferably Fleetwood Mac.

And Wendy? Christine goes further with Fleetwood than solo, which has always been the case. She’s the worst solo artist ever, and Fleetwood Mac fans are just as happy... We got Billy Burnette out of it....

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
This is my question as well. I can easily believe Chris said that she wouldn't stand on the same stage as him, petty as that might be. But is that enough to have made whoever decides these things exclude Bob?

Who does decide these things? I'm very confused by the whole process.

In any case, whatever her issues were with him, I don't know that I believe in her having that much power over the process. At least not any more than the other members of the band. Why would her opinion override everyone else's?
Even in retirement, Christine probably makes more money than those who coordinate such things, so perhaps, some monery changed hands? Just a thought.

John
Old 03-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy said last night, that the HOF inducts the band, and the band decides which members get included.

I'm not saying that's how it is, but she says that's how it is.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For the sake of argument, let’s assume that Wendy is right and the band makes the final decision. If Chris was the only one who did not want Bob inducted, how is it that she got Mick, John, Lindsey, and Stevie to support her in this?

I am not trying to absolve Chris of culpability, I just find it suspect to say that she was the one holding all the cards.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wendy said last night, that the HOF inducts the band, and the band decides which members get included.

I'm not saying that's how it is, but she says that's how it is.
That makes sense considering you have people like Rob Trujillo inducted with Metallica after only one album and similarly Josh Klinghoffer with Red Hot Chili Peppers also after only one album and that album being one of their least successful to date. While Dave Navarro was not even though his one album was much more successful. If it were up to the HOF those two guys probably would not be inducted.