Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2022, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She always says Lindsey is “mean” to her but she never says how.

The funny thing is, in that 2008 interview she claims Lindsey used to be nice to her a long time ago, but if you ever listen to any of her “long time ago” interviews Lindsey was never nice to her ever in his entire life, not way back then either.
As if on purpose (there are plenty of musicians in the world), he continually steals away her band members:

1. Brett
2. Taku
3. Jimmy
? others I'm forgetting

It's as though every time he needs a band member, he just looks at Stevie's band and takes his pick.

As for "when he was nice to me," she may be referring to 1996-97.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-30-2022 at 03:27 PM..
Old 12-30-2022, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
As if on purpose (there are plenty of musicians in the world), he continually steals away her band members:

1. Brett
2. Taku
3. Jimmy
? others I'm forgetting

It's as though every time he needs a band member, he just looks at Stevie's band and takes his pick.

You know that he stole Jimmy?
Because he didn't. Stevie fired him.
Old 12-30-2022, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She fired him before Lindsey hired him? What's the chronology?

Because he was the longtime drummer in her band and, next thing you know, he's touring with Lindsey/Christine and then Lindsey solo instead of going out with Stevie on the 24-Karat Gold or Billy Joel tours, just as Brett (with the exception of one tour c. 2011) and Taku were in her band and then, next thing you know, in Lindsey's.
Old 12-30-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:

And a tad bit in 1998
Old 12-30-2022, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Because he was the longtime drummer in her band and, next thing you know, he's touring with Lindsey/Christine and then Lindsey solo instead of going out with Stevie on the 24-Karat Gold or Billy Joel tours, just as Brett (with the exception of one tour c. 2011) and Taku were in her band and then, next thing you know, in Lindsey's.
There was talk that Jimmy wasn't nice to Stevie fans. He wasn't nice when I met him in Atlantic City in 2008.

However, Jimmy chose to tour with The Chicks in 2016 instead of Stevie. And that tour went into spring of 2017 I believe. Stevie liked Drew Hester and pledged the job to Drew because she loved how he played her songs. So Jimmy became available since Stevie didn't call him back so Lindsey and Christine got him. I have a feeling it was through Brett. He and Jimmy were close.
Old 12-30-2022, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Also Stevie dropped her percussionists after 2011. Even this year she didn't have percussion.
Old 12-30-2022, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Jimmy chose to tour with The Chicks in 2016 instead of Stevie. And that tour went into spring of 2017 I believe. Stevie liked Drew Hester and pledged the job to Drew because she loved how he played her songs. So Jimmy became available since Stevie didn't call him back so Lindsey and Christine got him. I have a feeling it was through Brett. He and Jimmy were close.
Thanks......
Old 12-30-2022, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

1. Brett
2. Taku
3. Jimmy
? others I'm forgetting

Just be thankful he didn’t take Waddy then. You’re welcome.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks......
Drew did an interview last year on YouTube where he said he had nothing to do with the switch or something like that. Like he was being clear it was between Stevie(and or Waddy) and Jimmy. Stevie said to Drew "You're not going anywhere"

I actually liked Jimmy's drumming best. I think Drew isn't as grooving. I feel like I hear more cymbal from him whereas Jimmy was really proving a foot stomping beat.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
You know that he stole Jimmy?
Because he didn't. Stevie fired him.
And why would they leave Stevie for Lindsey. He loses money on tours. She is supposedly the biggest star the world has ever seen and magnanimous, kind and loving.. Surely she pays them well. He can’t outspend her. Why would they leave her to go play small clubs with Lindsey? He may have tried to lure them away like the Pied Piper, to ruin her solo career because he’s SO jealous. But how exactly did he accomplish it?
Old 12-30-2022, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey probably does pay more. He prioritizes making good music over turning a profit. Doesn't change the fact that in a world of innumerable musicians, he seems to treat Stevie's band as his farm team.

That said, one should note that he did play with Brett and with Taku in FM (and on his Soundstage appearance) before the two of them joined Stevie's band.

Still, in 2006-07 he straight up took them from Stevie's band. Of course she says their replacements are fantastic. That's just P.R.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-30-2022 at 08:05 PM..
Old 12-30-2022, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey probably does pay more. He prioritizes making good music over turning a profit. Doesn't change the fact that in a world of innumerable musicians, he seems to treat Stevie's band as his farm team.

That said, one should note that he did play with Brett and with Taku in FM (and on his Soundstage appearance) before the two of them joined Stevie's band.

Still, in 2006-07 he straight up took them from Stevie's band. Of course she says their replacements are fantastic. That's just P.R.
I don't think Lindsey has been poaching Stevie's musicians. Heck, one night in a dark alley, I think I saw Stevie trying to force Carlos on Lindsey. Lindsey ran away, because he wanted no part of it.

But even if he had been going headhunting in Stevie's band, armed with his trusty Rick Turner, I will again play the Waddy card. Waddy was Lindsey's musical cohort and Stevie took him. They're even, for all time.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is first and foremost a lead guitarist, and would never have another lead player like Waddy in his band. Even with his large band of 1992-93, when others played lead they played parts Lindsey taught them note for note. And Lindsey was the only star. No big names like Waddy Wachtel.

Plus, Stevie "took" Waddy in 1981, well after he quit playing with Buckingham-Nicks, which he did on his own accord, not because Stevie "took" him for herself.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-30-2022 at 09:21 PM..
Old 12-31-2022, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Taku first played with Lindsey solo in 2003 in Chicago before he (Taku) played solo with Stevie. Also, Taku didn't play with Lindsey while Stevie was on tour. When Taku did the Under The Skin Tour, Stevie wasn't on tour. Taku went on to Bette Midler.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is first and foremost a lead guitarist, and would never have another lead player like Waddy in his band. Even with his large band of 1992-93, when others played lead they played parts Lindsey taught them note for note. And Lindsey was the only star. No big names like Waddy Wachtel.

Plus, Stevie "took" Waddy in 1981, well after he quit playing with Buckingham-Nicks, which he did on his own accord, not because Stevie "took" him for herself.
And when Lindsey made appearances on Tom Petty and Don Henley songs, I guess he was doing that to take them away from her, in a sense.

The truth is, it's just a small world. You see the same musicians and crew around all of the time and make connections.