User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb I'm still unabashedly optimistic for a GOS solo album

I've had two sets of songs in my mind from the GOS demos...the ones I wanted to har on the Mac album, and the ones I wanted him to save for the eventual solo masterpiece. When I read the set list for SYW, I was mostly happy because some of the Lindsey songs I thought would sound good with the Mac sound/Stevie were picked (like Miranda, Steal Your Heart Away, Peacekeeper, Murrow) but also disappointed because others weren't (Twist Of Fate, The Singer Not The Song and of course Down On Rodeo... that omission I really don't understand ). But I also thought there are so many AMAZING songs left over, though I'd hate to call them leftovers even though they are, lol. I am looking forward to this solo album even more now, and yes, it WILL happen (like I said, unabashedly optimistic here)...I am looking forward it more now because I really feel like after trying out some of these songs with the Mac, Lindsey might take a different/renewed approach to some of them...Not that any of them should be changed, but since we've been listening to them for over a year now, it would be cool to hear some new versions of these songs we love. Plus, not that he cares about this, but if he does what he should have done after the Dance and released a solo album shortly after a successful mac album (the way Stevie did with Enchanted) it will get maximum attention/exposure and probably sell better than it would have if he released it back in 2000. Linds knows his true fans will buy his music at any time and doesn't do this for fame and $$$, as we know... But the record company might see SYW as a golden opportunity to launch GOS and light a fire under his butt if he's the one who's stopping them from putting it out. Or if it's been their fault all along, then they'll stop being @$$holes and release/promote it!
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."