User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Snuffed...

Well, VH1 has ventured into yet another Top 100 list, this time it's the Top 100 love songs, and no Fleetwood Mac (even solo members) to be found anywhere in sight. I would attribute more of the "love songs" to Christine...Stevie does write ABOUT love but they aren't usually "love songs," at least not in my opinion. I am surprised that Leather and Lace isn't on there though, that's the one I would think of. But Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, even Little Lies -- absolutely NOTHING. I just don't understand why Fleetwood Mac is always so overlooked, yet are considered to be "one of the greatest rock bands." As far as love songs go, I can't fathom why "Don't Speak" by No Doubt is on there. Umm...hello? That song is about breaking up, it's NOT a love song. Again, that song falls in the category of singing ABOUT love, but is not a love song. SO, if they did include Don't Speak in there, well what about Dreams or Silver Springs? I just can't understand why a band that is, again, "one of the greatest rock bands," never appears anywhere. The closest thing we have here is Etta James's At Last which Stevie covered.

While I'm on the subject of love and Fleetwood Mac, I was watching Will and Grace (a rerun) yesterday, and it was Will's parents' anniversary. While at dinner, he gives them a trip on a cruise, but finds out that his father is still having an affair, and then Grace finds out and tells him that his mother is also having an affair. He says to Grace, "This is great, everyone's cheating on everyone. My parents have become FLEETWOOD MAC!" I thought that was pretty funny, especially the way Will does it in that hyped up, freaked out and annoyed way he says things (which you understand what I mean if you watch the show).

Lastly, I'm annoyed because I woke up this morning and thought of something to post about, but now I can't remember it. Urgh!