Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Album Discussion: Lindsey songs on White Album

Okay, let's all take a deep sigh and relax and have fun here with a thread about Lindsey's (yes, Lindsey, because this is HIS Ledge) songs from each FM album he appears on. Okee? Okee.

Monday Morning
Blue Letter (Written by Richard and Michael Curtis)
Crystal (sings it but didn't write it)
World Turning (co-written with CM)
I'm So Afraid

Now...we look at this collection of songs and we see good, bad, ugly? I'm asking. Are they strong songs, vocally, lyrically (well, the ones he wrote anyways), musically?

Let's break em down, shall we?

Monday Morning - It just opens, no pre-cursor to it, it just starts, interesting...to me, anyhow. Now, live, it DOES have a musical start to it, I LOVE the musical start, btw. This song ALWAYS reminds me of SHN because, they seem like partner songs. Do they to anyone else? This song says, I'm getting ready to leave, travelling is on my mind...SHN says, I'm already gone, I'm yesterday's news. I really love the melody to this one too, it's catchy. It reminds me of sort of some old country song, in a wierd way.

"got to get some peace in my mind..." - fave lyric (Everyone needs PEACE!)

Blue Letter - Even though he didn't pen it, it still ROCKS because of his vocal and the guitar!! Plus, we will ALWAYS associate this song with LB. Is it just me or does Lindsey have a WIERD-AS* accent...not really California, dude, at all. It's more Southern to me, that's why this one has a country tinge to it as well, I think. Please, someone agree so I don't sound like an EEDIOT! LOL

"I won't be waitin' around for you..." - fave lyric (See ya round, I got better things to do..make up your mind!!)

Crystal - Let me just say, I don't like Stevie's Practical Magic version of this song, I'm sorry, I just don't. He sings this so beautifully and soft. She wrote a GORGEOUS song, and he is right to be singing it. I love how this song ends, both ways, with the guitar AND the keyboard ending of it.

"I have changed, but you, you remain ageless..." - fave lyric (GORGEOUS!!)

World Turning - I must be the first to admit, I didn't care for this song at first...yep, shoot me now. BUT, I have listened to it again and again and the live version of it, which KICKS BUTT...and I must say, NOW, I love the song!! Hardly any lyrics to it, but it packs a whallop, especially in concert. I believe I have an almost 10 minute version of the dang song somewhere!

"maybe I'm wrong but who's to say what's right..." - fave lyric. (Don't judge.)

I'm So Afraid - Oh Sweet Lord, where do I begin...this is my fave FM song...so...here goes (it's almost 1AM, so bear with me if I sound delirious). This songs SPEAKS TO MY SOUL because it's my life wrapped up in a 3-4 minute song. The music on this version is toned down compared to the Dance (dur, huh?), but he JUST gets going when the song fades, dangit!! He sounds to me like he's frustrated and wants to get it all out during that guitar solo. Kind of like Linkin Park does in their lyrics, getting the frustration out. We all get frustrated with life, people, jobs, etc. We ALL have something in common...we are human. We are afraid to fall, but we have to realize, we aren't saints, we are gonna slip, and screw up, but we learn from it. I'd better stop, it's late, and I'm tired.

"I never change, I never will, I'm so afraid, the way I feel..." - fave lyric (We ALL are afraid at some points in our life, even though we try to hide it sometimes. I don't think I will ever change my basic morals and principles because I was raised in a certain way. I have God to help me through all the crap in life, even though I get scared, He's always there for me.)

I cannot WAIT to hear what everyone has to say about each song of LB's!! Let's HAVE FUN with this, PLEASE!!!!!