The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-2022, 09:08 PM
RockyRaccoon RockyRaccoon is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 52
Default Were any of the Buckingham/McVie shows recorded?

I wanted to see that tour so badly and had to miss the New York show because of a family commitment. I hoped that maybe they’d do a second set of shows the next year and then of course everything fell apart. With Christine’s passing, I feel like it would be a nice tribute to put out a live album from that tour (and maybe a video too if any exists).
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 12-04-2022, 09:18 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 12,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
I wanted to see that tour so badly and had to miss the New York show because of a family commitment. I hoped that maybe they’d do a second set of shows the next year and then of course everything fell apart. With Christine’s passing, I feel like it would be a nice tribute to put out a live album from that tour (and maybe a video too if any exists).
i suspect there is audio recording of most of the shows, but don't think they did video recording of any. not sure though all together. it's too bad - 8 brand new songs plus they had so much fun together!

meanwhile, someone posted this in on of the LB groups where BuckVie album is discussed considering it's Christine's last studio album of new music -

__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2022, 09:57 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i suspect there is audio recording of most of the shows, but don't think they did video recording of any. not sure though all together. it's too bad - 8 brand new songs plus they had so much fun together!

meanwhile, someone posted this in on of the LB groups where BuckVie album is discussed considering it's Christine's last studio album of new music -

He really feels the same way I do about this album. Even calls out CB as the best song. Because it is.

Also, Steve... He says as long as they have McVie/McVie/Fleetwood, it's the Mac.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-05-2022, 10:45 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 12,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He really feels the same way I do about this album. Even calls out CB as the best song. Because it is.

Also, Steve... He says as long as they have McVie/McVie/Fleetwood, it's the Mac.
yeah, he definitely agrees with Steve there - and says Fleetwood-McVie (not necessarily 2 McVies) because it's Fleetwood Mac and Fleetwood and Mac are there.

he's a bit all over the place on track listing because he repeatedly says that it should be all re-tumbled and that "side B' should move to the beginning, but then for almost every track he says they are fine exactly where they are, except he'd start with Too Far Gone and move first 3 tracks to later; it's unclear what should be tracks 2-5 according to him.

Too Far Gone was an absolute hit with all crowds live too, even though most heard it for the first time. so he is onto something there!
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-05-2022, 10:53 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,598
Default

Something was recorded because there was an NPR segment where they played two songs that were recorded on tour.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-05-2022, 12:18 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal84 View Post
something was recorded because there was an npr segment where they played two songs that were recorded on tour.
2014-2015?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-2022, 12:09 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, he definitely agrees with Steve there - and says Fleetwood-McVie (not necessarily 2 McVies) because it's Fleetwood Mac and Fleetwood and Mac are there.

he's a bit all over the place on track listing because he repeatedly says that it should be all re-tumbled and that "side B' should move to the beginning, but then for almost every track he says they are fine exactly where they are, except he'd start with Too Far Gone and move first 3 tracks to later; it's unclear what should be tracks 2-5 according to him.

Too Far Gone was an absolute hit with all crowds live too, even though most heard it for the first time. so he is onto something there!
Yes he only said one McVie, but I feel the spirit of what he was saying in total, put Christine at the heart of FMac.

And I also agree with him on the tracklisting.
I think LB put Sleeping first because it has a SHN vibe.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-05-2022 at 12:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2022, 10:39 AM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think LB put Sleeping first because it has a SHN vibe.
What does "SHN" mean? P.S. I like it first. It's catchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Even calls out CB as the best song. Because it is.
Great guitar solo at the end.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-10-2022 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Fleetwood Mac: Behind the Masks by Brunning, Bob Paperback Book The Fast Free picture

Fleetwood Mac: Behind the Masks by Brunning, Bob Paperback Book The Fast Free

$10.88



Blues: The British Connection by Brunning, Bob Paperback Book The Fast Free picture

Blues: The British Connection by Brunning, Bob Paperback Book The Fast Free

$12.52



Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae

$79.99



Bob Brunning Sound Trackers 1970s Pop Hardcover Book Import picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers 1970s Pop Hardcover Book Import

$19.99



Blues: The British Connection by Bob Brunning  picture

Blues: The British Connection by Bob Brunning

$21.74




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved