Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Post-Rumours MacNuggets

[Hey, this guy was using BTM to test audio equipment]

What Hifi 9/24/2015

http://www.whathifi.com/beyerdynamic...ro-plus/review

The Beyerdynamics have a lot going for them, but we find they’re a few notches of excitement short of a great time. Play Fleetwood Mac’s Skies The Limit and the Pro Pluses struggle to lift the carefree melody to entertaining heights.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:47 AM

February 2016 New Music Releases
By Nick DeRiso January 15, 2016 6:09 PM

March and Beyond

Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Lost 1978 Broadcast
Dave Mason (Traffic, Fleetwood Mac), The Columbia Years: The Definitive Anthology
Mötley Crüe, Too Fast For Love (reissue)
Robin Trower, Where Are You Going To
Cheap Trick, Bang Zoom Crazy … Hello

Read More: February 2016 New Music Releases | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/febru...ckback=tsmclip
Old 02-18-2016, 03:21 PM

March 2016 New Music Releases
By Nick DeRiso February 16, 2016 5:22 PM

March 11

The Cars, The Elektra Years 1978-1987
Cheap Trick, Raising Hell: The 1970s; Turn on the Radio: The 1980s
Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Lost 1978 Broadcast
Dave Mason (Traffic, Fleetwood Mac), The Columbia Years: The Definitive Anthology

Read More: March 2016 New Music Releases | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/march...ckback=tsmclip
Old 04-22-2017, 05:26 AM

John Oates, ex-Fleetwood Mac singer Bekka Bramlett cover Steve Forbert tune for upcoming tribute album

Hall & Oates singer John Oates has teamed up with one-time Fleetwood Mac singer Bekka Bramlett to cover the Steve Forbert tune "I Blinked Once," for an upcoming tribute album titled An American Troubadour: The Songs of Steve Forbert. The track was released today, April 21, as the first single from the record.

Oates and Bramlett also shot a video for the soulful roots-rock song: it features them belting out the tune together on a soundstage and on a deserted country road, as well as capturing them taking a drive in an old convertible. You can check out the clip at Blue Rose Music's official YouTube channel. The track also is streaming at the label's SoundCloud page.

Oates says about recording the tune, "It was very cool for me to be able to re-imagine…'I Blinked Once.' I was drawn to [Forbert's] great lyrics and ability to take a simple idea and craft it into a memorable song."

He adds, "We gave it a harder edge in the production and turned it into a duet with myself and the legendary Bekka Bramlett, whose energy is a thing to behold."

"I Blinked Once" originally was featured on Forbert's 1988 album, Streets of This Town. Steve says the tune "was one of the easiest songs that I have ever written…I got up in the middle of the night and wrote it by moonlight."

Forbert probably is best-known for his 1980 hit "Romeo's Tune," which reached #11 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...-tribute-album
Old 09-08-2017, 04:59 AM

Dave Mason Plays 'Traffic' Jams, Welcomes a Steve Winwood Reunion

A look back at Dave.

Ask singer-songwriter Dave Mason about how things are going, and he won’t “disagree” that it’s good. Fans know and love his 1977 solo hit “We Just Disagree” and expect it at every one of Mason’s concerts. Now, 71, he’s always touring, revamping his music, collaborating and welcoming the “What’s next?” part of life with open arms.

He’s readying to play the adult-friendly, classy, three-day tune fest at Del Mar, California—KAABOO—on Friday, September 15. Dave’s a member of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as a founding member of the British group, Traffic. The original lineup also included Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi and Chris Wood. He played with the band in 1967, 1968 and 1971.

Jimi Hendrix magically shares a frame with Dave Mason.

He still includes “Feelin’ Alright” on his most-requested list, recorded by the group in 1968. He authored “Hole in My Shoe,” another Traffic best-seller. He had and still has lots of famous friends in the business, with whom he made magical music. The admittedly awesome list of luminaries includes, among others, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, George Harrison, Delaney & Bonnie, Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson, Graham Nash, David Crosby, Paul McCartney, Stephen Stills and Fleetwood Mac.

I caught up with Dave while he was on holiday in Hawaii. Here’s what’s up.

We’re looking forward to seeing you at KAABOO, Dave, and then on the rest of your Alone Together Again tour this fall. How are you feeling about it all?

It’s going to be great in Del Mar, a beautiful location, but we are in and out and headed to Plymouth (California) for a show the next night. It’s a quick trip.

Although you were born in the U.K., you really have no accent now. Where’s home?

It’s Carson City, Nevada. I lived in Ojai (California) 16 years, but now we’re 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe and also from Reno. I’m a country boy at heart and find the ocean just doesn’t hold as much fascination for me as for other people—although I do love Hawaii. We have had a house there since January.

You’ve said “Living is definitely not for the weak or faint of heart; it’s a constant work in progress.” There’s a philosopher in you!

Life IS a work in progress. There are always new epiphanies, always something new about yourself that needs a little tuning or fixing—especially at this age. It’s a whole other ball game. I look back and I do agree, too bad youth is wasted on the young. But all in all, life is great, and I have a great partner (Winifred Wilson). I’ve been doing this most of my 71 years and I still love it.

A guitar is always close by. Dave Mason "then."

You do Traffic and you do your own thing. How do you approach the group’s music now, having played it so often?

“Dear Mr. Fantasy” (from the album Fantasy, 1967) was in a major key originally, and Steve did lead vocals. I do it in a minor now and that works for me. It feels more “musical” and I still keep the melody the same.

I do a blues version of “The Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys” (from the album Live: 40,000 Headmen Tour, 1999). The audience likes it. I think I can interpret a song rather than trying to just copy it.

You’ve made no secret that you believe live music is where it’s at. And you talk about fake stuff—which I think means heavily produced, vocal correction, etc. Do you think if all things are cyclical that we’ll return someday to what many perceive is more the real deal?

It’s happening not just in radio, but at the concert level, too. Everything is so tagged and compartmentalized. There is no “old music.” It’s either good music or it isn’t. Radio is a disaster, for there’s nowhere for a unique artist to be heard. There would be no radio if not for us artists.

I’d like a radio station where they could play a “classic Dave Mason song,” and then go to “Here’s the latest from Dave Mason.” There simply isn’t radio exposure like there used to be; it’s very hard to get new stuff heard in the first place. If I have new music, a concert is one of the few places someone might be able to get the CD. I’m happy that people can come see me play—happy to be there, and happy to be anywhere!

Dave Mason and someone you might recognize, on the day of "How Do I Get to Heaven." Yes, Willie Nelson.

What about online?

Putting music there doesn’t mean anything. Someone has to know you’re online in the first place. It’s the largest shopping mall in the world and you could wander around in there forever.

Tell us about touring and your public television special.

Our public television special is from our recent tour of “Alone Together Again,” my original solo album, originally released in 1974. I perform the whole album plus fan favorite songs like “Feelin’ Alright” and “All Along the Watchtower.” We had so many requests from the tour we re-cut the entire album this year and will release it in 2018. The Best of Dave Mason will encompass many if not all of these songs plus others. I’m not sure yet what they will be. I’ll have to see what’s fresh when we start out on that tour.

What else is new with you? Anything you can share?

I’m talking to Mick Fleetwood (of Fleetwood Mac) about our own radio show, maybe on a terrestrial radio network. There aren’t any artists like us doing their own radio shows, and we want to focus a lot on blues artists from our past. We can also fill everyone in on what it was like to work back then.

During the Fleetwood Mac days. Here with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.

You’re active in philanthropy. Thanks for what you do. Tell us more.

I’m on the Little Kids Rock honorary board of directors. I support music being taught in schools—more music education—and more focus on the arts. I’m also committed to my foundation, Rock Our Vets, that I co-founded. We support not only veterans, but families of fallen police officers and firemen. We do good work.

Now, about KAABOO:

Upper-tier Hang Five and Hang Ten packages are sold out, but do not fear. There are so many amenities here, you will still feel like you’re “special,” so check out the “Hang Loose” ticket offerings. Plus these savvy festival gurus offer both student and military discounts! You can also snag parking passes in advance. Cruise through the main website and see all the things to do—and to eat and drink. There are plenty of places to stay around San Diego and even Oceanside, so get busy on your favorite hotel site after you’ve surveyed last-minute fare deals from your hometown to San Diego or even up north, Orange County.

https://parade.com/599196/stephanies...nwood-reunion/
Old 09-14-2017, 04:48 AM

Billy Burnette Premieres 'Tear It Up' Off New 'Crazy Like Me' Album

BILLY BURNETTE, the classic American artist with a storied nine-year run slinging the six-string for Fleetwood Mac, partnered with BestClassicBands.com yesterday (9/12) to premiere "Tear It Up" from his upcoming album, CRAZY LIKE ME, out Friday, October 20. Click here to listen to "Tear It Up."

"It's a song my dad and my uncle did years ago in The Rock 'N Roll Trio," says BURNETTE. "It's been cut by everyone from Rod Stewart to The Beatles, who did it on the BBC Tapes, but it didn't make the cut on that." BURNETTE adds: "It's a magical song. When I was in Fleetwood Mac, we did it with Jimmy Barnes one night. We kept it in our set for the whole time as an encore. With Fleetwood Mac, that's pretty remarkable as they had all of the hits."
BURNETTE has spent a lifetime living and breathing rock 'n' roll penning pivotal anthems for everyone from Ray Charles to Gregg Allman to George Strait. His rock 'n' roll lineage has him calling the "Fathers of Rockabilly"--The Rock 'N Roll Trio's Dorsey and Johnny Burnette--"dad" and "uncle," respectively. All of this and more is outlined in the award-winning singer, songwriter, guitarist, and musical journey man's recently-released memoir, Crazy Like Me: From Memphis and the Rock 'N Roll Trio To Fleetwood Mac, which shares each step of his fascinating five-decade career. Get the book HERE.
Powered by his rapid fire and captivating prose, the book chronicles unbelievable stories from growing up a Burnette in the wake of The Rock 'N Roll Trio's rise to notoriety as an influence on the likes of Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, and more, cutting his first song with none other than Ricky Nelson at seven-years-old, recording and touring the world with Fleetwood Mac, and all of the wonderful madness in between.
2017 proved the right moment for this tale to be told.
"I'm not getting any younger," laughs BILLY. "There are all of these stories about The Rock 'N Roll Trio that people just don't know. I wanted the world to hear them. Through the process, I found out even more than I ever knew-and I was there! I had to write the book to get the facts right before time goes on, so nobody forgets what they did. At the same time, it was a chance to tell my own story. While working on it, it felt right to release the album alongside of the book."
Recorded between his home studio and the House of Blues Studio (Nashville)the album CRAZY LIKE ME tells the musician's journey through the songs that bookmarked his most seminal moments. He kicks off the record with a rousing rendition of The Rock 'N Roll Trio's signature barn burner "Tear It Up"-which BILLYoften famously covered on tour with Fleetwood Mac. He also takes on two of his biggest placements "Do I Every Cross Your Mind?" made famous by Ray Charles and Bonnie Raitt on 2004's Genius Loves Company-also recorded by Cher and Tom Jones-and "River Of Love," which marked George Strait's 57th #1 single. In addition, he unveils a new version of "Nothing To Do (And All Night To Do It)" and serves up other brand new songs, including such standouts as: "Ghost Town," "All Nighter" (co-written with Clare Dunn) and "I Remember You."
"It's an album of songs I just wanted to do," BURNETTE notes. "The songs coincide with the book. It's a mish-mosh of hits and things people have never heard. I just went in and cut it. Rock 'n' roll is part of my DNA. I don't do it, because I have to do it; I do it because I love this kind of music. I've never done anything but this. I'm very blessed to have done this all my life. It's an overall look at my work as a writer, and it tells my story."
TRACK LISTING FOR CRAZY LIKE ME:
"Tear It Up" (Dorsey Burnette, Johnny Burnette, Paul Burlison)
"(All I Can Do Is) Dream You" (Billy Burnette, David Malloy)
"Crazy Like Me" (Billy Burnette, Dennis Morgan, Shawn Camp)
"Oh Well" (Peter Alan Green)
"When I Remember You" (Billy Burnette)
"It's Late" (Dorsey Burnette)
"Nothing To Do (And All Night To Do It)" (Billy Burnette, Deborah Allen, Rafe Van Hoy)
"Ghost Town" (Billy Burnette)
"Do I Ever Cross Your Mind" (Billy Burnette, Michael Smotherman)
"She's Burning The Honky Tonks Down" (Billy Burnette, Shawn Camp)
"She's Gonna Win Your Heart" (Billy Burnette, Mentor Williams)
"River Of Love" (Billy Burnette, Dennis Morgan, Shawn Camp)
"All Nighter" (Billy Burnette, Clare Dunn)
"Anywhere You Go" (Billy Burnette, Will Jennings)

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmus...Album-20170913