The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what drugs have you done?
pot 36 83.72%
coke 17 39.53%
crack 7 16.28%
meth 12 27.91%
adderall/ritalin/etc 5 11.63%
ummmm... other? 24 55.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default what drugs have you done?

just curious. or nosey, whatever. hey, i'm not forcing you to answer.

i've led a totally sheltered life, drugs-wise. i've smoked pot a couple times, the end. i've probably smoked a dozen cigarettes and i don't drink a lot. god, i sound like a puritan. oh well. i wanna hear about ledgie debauchery.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

you name it, I've done it...pretty much.

except meth or crack or coke (though I'm not sure about coke).

I don't do anything anymore really except pot and Rx.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
you name it, I've done it...pretty much.

except meth or crack or coke (though I'm not sure about coke).

I don't do anything anymore really except pot and Rx.
i just realized i should have voted "other" also. damn. also, i can't believe i forgot to list heroin? lol. oh well.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i just realized i should have voted "other" also. damn. also, i can't believe i forgot to list heroin? lol. oh well.
never done heroin either. I'm not really squeemish, but blood and needles and all that really freaks me out so there's no way I could do that. if I can't smoke it or pop it, I don't want it. and these days, I rarely want that. if I want anything, it's usually a pill, but pot is the next best thing.

by the way, I've heard adderall is the bomb, but it's really rough...I had the name of a doctor that gives it out with no prob, but lost his name and number, which is best probably.

I sound like a big drughead, but I'm really not. some of my favorite "others" are Green Nike, loritab, loricet, vicodin, ambien and some sleeping pill I can't think of the name...

Last edited by JazmenFlowers; 02-04-2007 at 01:34 AM..
Old 02-04-2007, 01:33 AM
Banned

I'm just a weed guy myself. I've never gone near any powders, chemicals, IV drugs or anything like that. I ate shrooms one time with my two best friends at a nature preserve. Ever fed ducks while you're tripping out? It's something else...

I'll never understand the allure of Coke. Who wants to be all amped up? On purpose no less? It's not for me. I'd rather just sit and chill, with a glazed happy expression on my face.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never used a needle and I've never done heroin.
I did a lot of coke in high school and college but quickly grew out of that.
Smoked pot here and there but really, it just gives me dry mouth and I get paranoid. Like, paranoid to the point where I want to go to bed and hide under my covers. Just don't like it.
I like a downer every now and then -- valium and vicodin are my favorites.
But when it comes down to it, nothing beats a good bottle of red wine!

rbs
Old 02-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
never done heroin either. I'm not really squeemish, but blood and needles and all that really freaks me out so there's no way I could do that. if I can't smoke it or pop it, I don't want it. and these days, I rarely want that.

by the way, I've heard adderoll is the bomb, but it's really rough...I had the name of a doctor that gives it out with no prob, but lost his name and number, which is best probably.
yeah, i've heard the same about adderall. just realized i also forgot ecstacy. i really should've thought this out better. maybe starting threads at 1 a.m. that you thought of in the shower isn't the best idea ...

it kinda freaks me out how easily i could get anything i wanted from this kid at work. he's tried to sell me ecstacy more times than suzanne sugarbaker said "well excuuuse me fer livin'!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
I've never used a needle and I've never done heroin.
I did a lot of coke in high school and college but quickly grew out of that.
Smoked pot here and there but really, it just gives me dry mouth and I get paranoid. Like, paranoid to the point where I want to go to bed and hide under my covers. Just don't like it.
I like a downer every now and then -- valium and vicodin are my favorites.
But when it comes down to it, nothing beats a good bottle of red wine!

rbs
vicodin is nice sometimes. i have a bevy of muscle relaxers and pain killers from my car accident that come in handy sometimes.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

other drugs i forgot: speed (although that goes with adderall, i guess), shrooms, acid. i need to go to bed.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
just realized i also forgot ecstacy.
that's pretty much what Green Nikes are.

yeah, it shocks the hell out of me that some people I'd never suspect use. like, totally trips me out. especially one co-worker I used to know that was gorgeous and one of those people that you just think is perfect...perfect personality, style, look, everything...then you find out 2 years earlier she was smoking crack in some abandoned house and weighed 90 pounds...I mean, it takes pictures to prove it.

anyway...drugs are everywhere. they raided a house 4 or 5 houses down from me as a meth lab. and I live in a "nice, white, suburban" neighborhood. my area is riddled with meth labs and addicts.

as a sidenote: I think our homeowners' assoc. would die if they knew that on ONE street (my street) there is a gay couple, 2 lesbian couples and a sometime drag queen that impersonates Stevie Nicks (wonder who that is ) living within a house or 2 of each other and we sit on the back porch smokin' weed and listening to Barbra Streisand, Xtina Aguilera and Stevie Nicks on rotation. after about 2 hours, we break out a little Tori Amos...that's when **** gets deep.

Last edited by JazmenFlowers; 02-04-2007 at 01:48 AM..
Old 02-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's pretty much what Green Nikes are.

yeah, it shocks the hell out of me that some people I'd never suspect use. like, totally trips me out. especially one co-worker I used to know that was gorgeous and one of those people that you just think is perfect...perfect personality, style, look, everything...then you find out 2 years earlier she was smoking crack in some abandoned house and weighed 90 pounds...I mean, it takes pictures to prove it.

anyway...drugs are everywhere. they raided a house 4 or 5 houses down from me as a meth lab. and I live in a "nice, white, suburban" neighborhood. my area is riddled with meth labs and addicts.
yeah. portage county (where i live) has the highest # of meth labs per capita in the state. every week there's a new meth lab that's being torn down. i don't care if people want to do drugs, really, but meth is so ****ing tragic. i know too many people who can't get off it.

Quote:
as a sidenote: I think our homeowners' assoc. would die if they knew that on ONE street (my street) there is a gay couple, 2 lesbian couples and a drag queen that impersonates Stevie Nicks (wonder who that is ) living within a house or 2 of each other and we sit on the back porch smokin' weed and listening to Barbra Streisand, Xtina Aguilera and Stevie Nicks on rotation. after about 2 hours, we break out a little Tori Amos...that's when **** gets deep.
o **** son. i'm moving to mississippi.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
as a sidenote: I think our homeowners' assoc. would die if they knew that on ONE street (my street) there is a gay couple, 2 lesbian couples and a drag queen that impersonates Stevie Nicks (wonder who that is ) living within a house or 2 of each other and we sit on the back porch smokin' weed and listening to Barbra Streisand, Xtina Aguilera and Stevie Nicks on rotation. after about 2 hours, we break out a little Tori Amos...that's when **** gets deep.
*dies of jealousy*
Old 02-04-2007, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Meth labs are a big problem in the mountains here. When I lived in SF, esp in the 80's and early 90's, there were so many wasted souls (mostly on crack) wandering around the Lower Haight, and the Mission, where I lived, it was really sad. The friend I mentioned was a beautiful talented girl from an upper middle class Marin family, and she was dating a crack dealer, living in a flophouse. She was lucky she had a family to intervene. There were a lot of fires in our neighborhood and we suspected labs were the cause.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have only done weed, and the last time I did weed was like 4 years ago...
Old 02-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I didnt see the option...

"None" listed.

I watched people in my family (My drug dealing Uncle, who's friends with the Allman Bros., Kansas, Joe Walsh, Willie Nelson, etc.) f**k their lives up by drug use, why would I want to follow their lead down that road? When you're in your mid 60's and still a druggie, yer life is over...I mean, how many 'get out of Jail freecards' does one get before officials realize he is a 'lost cause'???

Everybody in my family, excluding me but including my Mother, has tried marajiuana. I dont see pot that bad unless your someone who has done enough to make Cheech & Chong look sober in comparison, and that is a slam towards my oldest brother.

My older brother also did marajiuana, and he will tell you if fubar'd his military career. He started to steal to feed that habit, which must have been one helluva habit, which led to jailtime and finally dismissal from the US Army. He says the dope use was his worst mistake he made, and that NOONE twisted his hands to do it.

The only drugs I have EVER used are ones I am prescribed for medical conditions - and even then I dont take 'em as I was supposed to (ie-painkillers - sorry, I never use the f**king things. Just give me some music & relaxation time and I can make the pain go away without a medicine.)

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-04-2007 at 12:06 PM..
Old 02-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
"None" listed.

I watched people in my family (My drug dealing Uncle, who's friends with the Allman Bros., Kansas, Joe Walsh, Willie Nelson, etc.) f**k their lives up by drug use, why would I want to follow their lead down that road? When you're in your mid 60's and still a druggie, yer life is over...I mean, how many 'get out of Jail freecards' does one get before officials realize he is a 'lost cause'???
That's sad. And I know people who are in the same boat. What's really heartbreaking is that their families keep hoping and praying that they'll straighten out only to get their hearts broken over and over again.