Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Holmdel Bits and Pieces....

Okay, firstly. I love you Lindsey Buckingham.

Secondly, I love you Lindsey Buckingham.

I'll explain it all later when it's had time to sink in...perhaps after i've consumed food and had some sleep after my 2 hour drive home.

Okay....points...

-Jana Anderson....rocking brunette hair...looks absolutely gorgeous

-Stevie....SEVERAL new pieces to the wardrobe (new shawls) and the boots were out for a few songs tonight

-Stevie was wearing a scarf around her neck and I believe it concealed something underneath...perhaps a heat patch or something for her throat?

-Silver Springs was still gone. However, she ROCKED the Garden State tonight... no doubt about it.

I have AMAZING pictures of Lindsey and a lot of AMAZING photos of Stevie, one of Mick, and a few great shots of John by himself and with Stevie. Hopefully, i'll load them tomorrow evening or Monday.

Needless to say, I had an absolute blast. I'm still realing....
Old 05-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

I bet! FM is amazing! T4P!

Can't wait to hear more, and see your pics, I'm sure the are great!
Old 05-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Junior Ledgie

Just got back from PNC - I know I've been away from this board for almost a year (having ruffled some feathers), but I wanted to share my review from the other board. Hope you don't mind.

Also, let me warn that there are many SPOILERS in this.

I can’t believe I forgot how great it is to see them live. Except that I don’t think I forgot, I think they were just better.

This show rocked. Really high energy from the start, and the crowd was into it too – the place was pretty much packed (including the lawn) and everyone was standing for almost the entire show – maybe two songs sitting down.

Stevie seemed really happy tonight and was in tremendously good voice. No Silver Springs, but I almost didn’t miss it – a small price to pay to keep her vocal chords going. She and Lindsey seemed very much in sync – a lot of nice interactions between them. The usual script for Landslide, but some seemingly unscripted moments too, like when he gave her hand a squeeze as she was exiting the stage after a fantastic Rhiannon. A lot of smiling between them and a lot of wonderful looks.

Stevie also had quite a few more wardrobe changes from what I remembered last year. A number of new shawls, including the wonderful red one for Sara – and another red one for Goodbye Baby.

Sara was worth the price of admission alone. Just beautiful. In addition to the red shawl, Stevie had her hair pulled back on the left side with a sparkly barrette, was wearing a large gold drop earring in her left ear, and put on the high heeled platform boots! She looked great! About half her age. (The back screen had a video of a young Stevie and a young Lindsey doing Sara, but she looked even more beautiful now and in person.) She also pulled out about 10 twirls. And her singing was gorgeous. I just stood there soaking it in and thinking, it doesn’t get any better than this. (Sara was the only song she did in the high heeled platforms boots – most of the show was in the reeboks, though she did put on a pair of low heeled boots for the encores.)

Stevie was also very interactive with the audience. She came to the front of the stage to shake hands a couple of times, pointed to people in the audience, waved, and even came over to where my son and I were – we were way over on Lindsey’s side – and blew a kiss. She just really seemed to be enjoying herself. Landslide was dedicated to “all of you who have been listening to us for so long,” and she told us that she was “honored” to perform for us. I think she actually said “honored” twice. Wow!

Stevie was really into the twirling tonight – in addition to Sara, she also hit 10 or 11 on Stand Back, several on GYOW, and one or two on a couple of other songs. And at the end of the show, she lingered onstage with Mick after Lindsey and John (and everyone else) had left – as though she didn’t want to give the night up.

Lindsey was really wild tonight – even more so than last year. He was completely out of control on Come. On the guitar solo, he went way over to Stevie’s side, so I was watching him in profile and his head was bobbing up and down – all I could think was that they should make a Lindsey bobble-head doll. It would be a great seller.

Then he came back from the edge of the stage and kept swinging his guitar chord around – it kept wrapping around his legs and he almost tripped over it. Then at the end came the first of three flung guitars. I have to admit that I cringed a little on each of them (not to mention his bashing his guitar against Mick’s cymbals on GYOW) – they’re beautiful guitars that don’t deserve that treatment. But Lindsey gets himself into such a frenzy that flinging the guitar was almost the only way he could end it. On Tusk, after going wild and ending up with the maniac animal stare at the end, right before the lights faded, he started to crack a smile and then laughed a little – as though he were thinking, I was really out there on that one.

It was great to see Red Rover live. Like Come, it translates better live than on the CD (IMO anyway). And I Know I’m Not Wrong was pretty cool too. I wish they’d done more new songs, but even having just three was a treat. And some of the others had some new flourishes or arrangements that made them seem fresh – I noticed this particularly on Peacekeeper and Say Goodbye.

John was as steady as ever – and as content as ever to stay out of the limelight. Mick, on the other hand – oy, that drum solo. One of my 11-year old son’s vocabulary words this week was “interminable”. And that word kept going through my head as the drum solo went on, and on, and on. (The other word that kept going through my head was “unintelligible”, but that wasn’t a vocab word this week.) The only thing that made it tolerable was the fact that my 11-year old loves it – so I spent most of the solo looking at my son and thinking, it’s worth it. (During the rest of the show, every time I looked over at my son he was singing along – including songs that I had no idea he knew – another moment of “it doesn’t get any better”.)

Well, that’s about all I have in me to type tonight. Just a great, great show.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosar
Lindsey was really wild tonight – even more so than last year. He was completely out of control on Come. On the guitar solo, he went way over to Stevie’s side...
...and came over to me....a lot...and I melted....like butter. He recognized me from Atlanta straight off the bat and after that happened, it was on The banging the guitar on the ground happened right in front of me and Kelly. He seriously just started throwing it around like it was no big thing

welcome back

Last edited by GardenStateGirlie; 05-30-2004 at 01:37 AM..
Old 05-30-2004, 01:44 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
...and came over to me....a lot...and I melted....like butter. He recognized me from Atlanta straight off the bat and after that happened, it was on
Were you by any chance the one who was rubbing the back of his leg?
Old 05-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosar
Were you by any chance the one who was rubbing the back of his leg?
NO. Oh dear...nope. He gave me those eyes a lot but I resisted temptation to touch him That woman was like, 7 people down on my left and according to her friend, she was tripping on acid (and that made her obnoxious behavior OKAY then?). I was wearing jeans, a tan tanktop with a ribbon tied around it and I had my handbag on my shoulders for most of the show. Were you near me??
Old 05-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Awesome! T4P!