Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 16/10/2013 Berlin, Deutschland - O2 World

Anyone going? Iīll be there and in the 8th row!

Some memories from the 2009 concert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04787.jpg (45.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04793.jpg (50.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04794.jpg (86.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04806.jpg (30.7 KB, 15 views)

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just came to Berlin... so tomorrow!!
Iīm ready

Old 10-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I just came to Berlin... so tomorrow!!
Iīm ready
i always loved Berlin, wish i was there too... have fun!!!!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Berliner Zeitung, October 17, 2013

http://www.nachrichten.de/kultur/Fle...en-cid_486643/

Fleetwood Mac gave a nearly three-hour concert in Berlin. Many hits they played, especially songs from the seventies. But not everything went perfectly.

Almost three hours to Fleetwood Mac played on Wednesday at the sold out multi-purpose hall at the Ostbahnhof through their songs mainly from the seventies. Especially the albums "Rumours" and "Tusk" was worshiped.

Singer Stevie Nicks enjoyed by constantly impersonated towels and stoles. Unfortunately, however, her voice had lost just in comparison to the Berlin concert four years ago, much of ups and power. In particular, their own piece of "Stand Back" came singing into a fiasco.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon/Tusk/entire Big Love speech/Big Love/Landslide/Gypsy/Go Your Own Way/ Don't Stop (some are complete songs, some are snippets) by Mathias H. STEIGER

Gypsy by Madlen Ehrlich

The Chain by Madlen Ehrlich

Old 10-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs by Madlen Ehrlich

Go Your Own Way by Madlen Ehrlich

Rhiannon by Madlen Ehrlich

Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

17:10:13, 15:07 Hamburger Abendblatt
Fleetwood Mac: The return of the mainstream

http://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live...instreams.html

Ten years after their last world tour, 35 years after "Rumours" Fleetwood Mac are back on the road. At their concert in Berlin, they show that it is nonsense to dislike their music.

By Michael Pilz

In the middle of the concert, the singer describes in detail the history of their band. From the flower child she was around 1970, says Stevie Nicks. Dramatically, she tosses her golden ringlets. It tells of the blues-rock band from England, who at that time came to California and her husband hired as a guitarist. The ex-husband, Lindsay Buckingham, standing next to her at the O2 World in Berlin and laughs. The rest of Fleetwood Mac laughs too. The wild old time.

Stevie Nicks gleefully announces, on the Internet that they would not live. This she shakes the bands with which she has decorated her microphone stand. Awkwardly she talks about lost songs that are just resurfaced on the Internet, they do not like. This could be new songs for a new Fleetwood Mac album. Gradually the visitors are restless in the cabin layout, multi-purpose hall, some whistle. But that cares Stevie Nicks in the slightest. She wants to talk. Only then finally she sings "Gypsy" and "Eyes of the World".

What would be Fleetwood Mac without their history and their stories, and especially without their whims? Veterans from the golden age of the record, traveling back through the multi-purpose halls and play for their old record buyers. Master of mainstream, which no longer exist. In their songs, but this is not just the money, the care and the high art of the seventies hit parade. In them the spirit of an era is preserved, which itself can not return it and can handle their spirit. You can hear the affable Soft Rock back by often. In Haim, Iron & Wine and others who strive to please as many people as musically.

Stevie Nicks still sings hauntingly through the nose

Fleetwood Mac are their eternal grandmothers and grandfathers. Mick Fleetwood as a white-haired giant perched between his drums, cymbals, gongs and bells. John McVie is kind next to the bass. Lindsay Buckingham plays his tiny guitar like a magician, and Stevie Nicks still sings hauntingly through the nose. Her exquisitely presented classic adjust the video backdrops. Then the full moon shines through the branches, all kinds of mythical creatures are seen and Christine McVie, who is not here but has already announced plans to return to Fleetwood Mac. Then the band from their best time would be complete again.

The program is dominated by the 35 years old album "Rumours" . "Dreams," "Do not Stop", "Go Your Own Way", "Never Going Back". In "Gold Dust Woman" it is clear: "Take the silver spoon and shoveling your grave." It's about drugs, of course, and it's about what remains of love when everyone just loves himself. "Rumours" was a bitter breakup album, every song is a beautiful accusation, an indictment, a drama. That was 1977. On the west coast the decadence of the rock business was celebrated and buried the great pop music, invented at the east coast of the punk and exported to England. It was worse than in the Chelsea Hotel to the Hotel California. In punk but was taught what distinction means. Fleetwood Mac since then can be easily despised.

Even their community is split. There are mostly older men who keep the founder Peter Green is a genius and Lindsay Buckingham for a nice player. Green had disappeared in the drug delusion, he still plays occasionally in England blues rock. Fleetwood Mac, the soft-rockers of the seventies make music again for all bicker and secretly. They were pacified by the economic conditions of the pops business. There are no more large plates such as "Rumours" was one, but large concerts.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
17:10:13, 15:07 Hamburger Abendblatt
Fleetwood Mac: The return of the mainstream

It's about drugs, of course, and it's about what remains of love when everyone just loves himself.
It's been great reading all these reviews from European shows - thanks to all posters!!
I just wanted to say, tucked in among the sometimes garbled translations, I thought this phrase, referencing Gold Dust Woman, was unintentionally eloquent and well-said...
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
I just wanted to say, tucked in among the sometimes garbled translations, I thought this phrase, referencing Gold Dust Woman, was unintentionally eloquent and well-said...
Good point and Stevie herself has said that cocaine makes you selfish.

Michele
Old 10-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Der Taggesspiegel

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/fl...s/8949090.html

Fleetwood Forever hippies
17:32 clockby Christian Schroder

Love without lying: Fleetwood Mac give an exhilarating concert at the O2 World Berlin.

So they are the hippies. Still want to improve the world. With love, laughter, noise. Just can not stop. Go on and on. Their monster hit "Do not Stop" play Fleetwood Mac at the end of the first addition block. And the complete, sold out for months in Berlin O2 World sings on Wednesday just before midnight with: "Do not stop, thinking about tomorrow / Do not stop, it'll soon be here / It'll be, better than before / Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone. "

Drum and bass sound extremely powerful, the big screen behind the stage flicker pixelated images of science fiction landscapes. Futurism match the optimism of progress of the song, with the former Bill Clinton launched his campaign appearances.

Only the slogan "Yesterday's Gone" is no longer true. For it is at this moment so ago, the past, still vital and fairly well preserved in the form of singer Stevie Nicks (65), drummer Mick Fleetwood (66), guitarist Lindsey Buckingham (64) and bassist John McVie (67) .

The evening is like a séance, invocation of the spirits of a bygone time. He begins eerie, with black light on the darkened stage, misty nostalgia, emerge from the only the figures of musicians and then the nervous shimmering guitar chords of "Second Hand News." The elegant mellifluous song is about the pain of abandonment, it is the opening piece of the epochal album "Rumours" from the year 1977. Of the plate, which is sold 40 million copies of one of the most successful works of Pop Fleetwood Mac play over the next three hours, seven other titles. "Rumours" marks the transition of the group from their British blues beginnings to a sun-drenched Californian soft rock, like to rely on the today young musicians and bands like Jessie Ware, Jonathan Jeremiah or Haim again.

A voice, a mystery whispering, sometimes nice askew

Stevie Nicks, a mixture of dream woman and Märchenelfe, still looks unbeatable. Her blond hair falling in curls on a black Madonna-like velvet, as they also have a predator princess of the early 19th Century could carry. The voice: mysterious whispering, sometimes nice askew. Your mic stand and her tambourine Hippietalmi are wrapped with colorful plastic chains and ribbons. For semi-acoustic ballad "The Chain" Nicks expects in a beguiling duet again with Buckingham from, from whom she is separated during the overshadowing of cocaine excesses work on "Rumours": "Damn your love, damn your lies."

Should not be lied feelings had to get out. With "Rumours" the new inwardness of the seventies arrived in the charts. Almost everything is as it was then only that the songs now tell again of long-ago experiences and emotions. From the cast, the "Rumours" recorded, missing only the keyboardist Christine McVie. She left the band ten years ago. To "Rhiannon" by Stevie Nicks puts a black Dracula scarf, on which sequins sparkle like stars in the night. Self-absorption she dances, turning with raised arms around its own axis, a kind of bat dance, while Lindsey Buckingham plays one of his terrible, over-long guitar solos vain.

The climax of the concert, a sprawling announcement in the Stevie Nicks 10 15 minutes once developed, the story of Fleetwood Mac referenced. It tells of a song they had written in the age of Aquarius. As he disappeared on a demo tape, because "so many tapes lying around on the floor in our house that we could hardly walk." And how he then miraculously reappeared on Youtube. The singer has neither a computer nor phone in "Space Book" it was not. The song is called "Without You", a mediocre pop song, the Fleetwood Mac finally want to record for their upcoming album which will be released next year. The live version falls against the gorgeous meandering monologue from clear.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Badishe Zeitung October 17, 2013

http://www.badische-zeitung.de/dpa-p...-pop-nostalgie

Fleetwood Mac in Berlin: More than just pop nostalgia

Berlin (dpa) - Visible aged, graying in honor, but on stage is still an event: Fleetwood Mac, the legendary quartet, the blonde singer Stevie Nicks has the third and last concert of a short tour of Germany on Wednesday night in Berlin acclaimed show delivered.

The comers with the band in the years fans had to do without any hit from the long career of this British-American soft-rock institution.

"Second Hand News," "Go Your Own Way," "The Chain" or "Do not Stop": The Songs of the 40 million unit selling classic album "Rumours" (1977) formed the backbone of the half-hour, with perfect sound-equipped appearance in nearly sold out O2 World. However, with songs from the late acknowledged by critics album "Tusk" (1979) and newer songs like "Sad Angel" showed the Quartet founded in 1967, also, that Fleetwood Mac can not be reduced to neat pop nostalgia.

Nicks (65) has indeed lost its tendrils elves look in previous years and the high notes in her voice always something nöligen, but not the hippie charm of the front woman in fluttering dress. With her former partner and armed opponent Lindsey Buckingham made them on stage a surprisingly harmonious duo. With a longer song announcement that something verhuscht acting singer lost the thread, and the band took some time to get back into gear. However, about 15 000 fans could get carried away quickly.

Impeller of Fleetwood Mac - that was very clear in Berlin - in addition to the U.S. virtuoso guitarist Buckingham (64), the British band founder Mick Fleetwood. The energy of the 66-year-old drummer impressed - to a seemingly old-fashioned extended drum solo in adding "World Turning." Bassist John McVie (67), however, did his work quietly and stoically. The final point was the former dream couple Nicks / Buckingham reserved - with the tender ballad "Say Goodbye".
Old 10-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Berliner Zeitung by Jens Balzer, October 16, 2013

http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/kultu...,24652022.html

In the multi-purpose hall at the Ostbahnhof Fleetwood Mac played on Wednesday its greatest successes. Singer Stevie Nicks inspired by a tasteful selection of shawls and a chimney sweep costume.

Oldies but Goldies: That was again the theme as the Anglo-Californian soft rock-meets-blues group Fleetwood Mac completed on Wednesday in the multipurpose room at the Ostbahnhof for the third time in ten years a reunion concert for three hours to play Mick Fleetwood , John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks through their repertoire, with emphasis, as always, was on the three albums "Fleetwood Mac", "Rumours" and "Tusk" from the second half of the seventies. Eroticism and passion given the evening. As was, for example, shortly before the start of the concert, a clothed only with corset and suspenders blonde Mohican wearer through the rows of seats in the interior, many pulled out of the housed there by the thousands over sixty years of Fleetwood Mac friends simultaneously their mobile phones to photograph the phenomenon, particularly those male Fleetwood Mac's friends, who were not appeared in over sixty years accompanied by their wives. Many of them met while shooting whistles also pointed out, some of the mobile phones were disappearing in their Lord handbags and ran after the Mohican wearer.

They got up and went

The concert started a little later then with three pieces of the "Rumours" LP, "Second Hand News," "The Chain" and "Dreams". Originating from the United Kingdom members of the band, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie had, as always dressed in white shirts and black vests and saw it like two Karl Dall, who with his 64 years, is still enviable face taut Lindsey Buckingham scratched his little red guitar function in a suit, Stevie Nicks wore a black dress and a tambourine with colorful ribbons to it on which it indeed did not produce audible sounds, but she used to shake entertaining during the long solos of Buckingham. Later in the play "Rhiannon" by "Fleetwood Mac" panel, which combined her dress with a sparkly embroidered fringed shawl, a versatile accessory: If emotional coldness should be symbolized, Nick the stole retired shivering around the neck; wanted they appear alluring loving, she kept the fringe before his face and glanced through it as through a curtain.

A second musical block was dedicated to the 1979 album "Tusk", which many see Fleetwood Mac friends because of his partially electronic instrumentation and the classic song format occasionally border dramaturgy as extremely bold. Even Lindsey Buckingham himself is this view, as he explained in an approximately five-minute introduction to the work, he was still proud of how bold the band was back then, and what lies because it is them just handle to real artists. To highlight the daring character of the music, it was accompanied by wild video projections, for example, of green geometric patterns that wobbled.

Particularly enthusiastic was the audience of the title track "Tusk" with its far not been conclusively indicated refrain: "Do not tell me that you love me / just tell me that you want me / Tusk". In the last piece of the "Tusk" block, "Sara", on the other hand all rose sitting in the row in front of me Fleetwood Mac's friends and desired closed the exit. Why? It contains a secret message that urges insiders to go? Is "Sara" with Fleetwood Mac friends so unpopular that they would rather not hear the song? It is not cleared up by the end of the evening.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, now itīs my turn .

It was great, I think better then in 2009... I hope not just because I was very near to the stage.

The only thing I could say not great about it, was Stevieīs speech before Without You, which really was a little bit longer than it should be. She also appologies to other band members for something that she said or done on the last concert in Stuttgart... I didnīt catch what it was... John was sitting and kind of like sleeping all the time she was talking , that was funny.

There were few moments like itīs not the same just like the other 60 shows... but there were also moments when I could say that Stevie is like computer which is doing something just because she has to... maybe itīs just her style. But it reminds me Klonopin era, when she was behaving just like that. But it was not the whole show, definitely not.

Stand Back was for me the best part, of course... I wish she would do a solo tour in Europe... I also would like if there would be no chairs, at least on the floor... itīs rock concert, not opera. I want to dance not for the last three songs. Bad for me that the crowd stand up right after Stand Back... because Go Your Own Way began... the only people who were standing all the time were few from the first three rows, some privileged children probably... I donīt know how to get these tickets, I bought my ticket first day when it was possible. It also makes me sad that Iīm young (24) and they (Fleetwood Mac) are "old"... because I like something whatīs over... 90% people in the audience was in the age of my parents... yeah there were some crazy kids around Lindsey, bet there was thousands moms and dads . The whole thing is also celebrating succesful 70īs music. But I like many newer stuff. Itīs just like all about Rumours and Tusk...

Anyway, it was great, I wish Christine would be there too. But it was great. I remember thinking after the show four years ago that it was the first and the last time I saw them... well this time was the second time... something going to happen next? who knows...

And the last thing - Gold Dust Woman was awesome, I didnīt see any video on youtube, so it was great for me to see it live and didnīt expect it. I also enjoyed Sisters of the Moon very much.

Well... itīs over... again .

Take care in Australia

Old 10-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AND! I almost forgot.
I took the same camera like in 2009... well not allowed this time . Maybe because the last time I came through premium entrance. I donīt know why I could go through the ordinary entrance this time, when I had better seat... and they wanted to see what I have with me... so... everybody had iphone or I donīt know what and could make videos with "really great quality" for nothing... but I couldnīt... well at least I could enjoy the show... I remember that the last time I enjoyed more the songs I didnīt filmed (because I was not concentrating to the filming)... so nothing from me on youtube this time, sorry .

And yeah, Stevie, I donīt know who has spacebook, but I donīt as you

Old 10-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Ok, now itīs my turn .

It was great, I think better then in 2009... I hope not just because I was very near to the stage.

The only thing I could say not great about it, was Stevieīs speech before Without You, which really was a little bit longer than it should be. She also appologies to other band members for something that she said or done on the last concert in Stuttgart... I didnīt catch what it was... John was sitting and kind of like sleeping all the time she was talking , that was funny.
That is funny about John. He seems restless during the intro, but he should just use it as a relaxation period.

Right, don't think it's the last time you'll see them. Tell yourself there is still one more tour to go!

Thanks for the review.

Michele