Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Weekend in Kent

I spent the weekend in Canterbury. Just a short break with my mum to see a part of my own country that I'm not familiar with.

When we were out and about on Saturday I saw a road sign for the village that Christine lives in and couldn't resist temptation.

the village itself is beautiful, very olde worlde merrie England with a water mill, village green, pub and everything.

Had little drive by her house but didn't linger as I felt a bit daft and there was a sign saying CCTV cameras in operation (I expect a call from the Kent Constabulary at any moment)

Gail
Old 05-08-2007, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I spent the weekend in Canterbury. Just a short break with my mum to see a part of my own country that I'm not familiar with.

When we were out and about on Saturday I saw a road sign for the village that Christine lives in and couldn't resist temptation.

the village itself is beautiful, very olde worlde merrie England with a water mill, village green, pub and everything.

Had little drive by her house but didn't linger as I felt a bit daft and there was a sign saying CCTV cameras in operation (I expect a call from the Kent Constabulary at any moment)

Gail
Wow! You're very lucky. The way you describe it, I can certainly see why she loves it so much. I really like where I live here in the U.S., but I'd love to live out in the English countryside...so quiet, beautiful & peaceful.

Gail, what are CCTV cameras?

And, I assume that you didn't see Chris or her dogs since I would think you would have mentioned it in your post.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Wow! You're very lucky. The way you describe it, I can certainly see why she loves it so much. I really like where I live here in the U.S., but I'd love to live out in the English countryside...so quiet, beautiful & peaceful.

Gail, what are CCTV cameras?

And, I assume that you didn't see Chris or her dogs since I would think you would have mentioned it in your post.
CCTV - Closed Circuit Television. I don't know what you call them in the US. I imagine they're there to deter burglars or people like me.

No I didn't see either Christine or the dogs but then again I didn't hang around because quite honestly I felt bit embarrassed. If I had seen her I wouldn't have spoken to her.

the village was lovely but I don't think I'd like to live there. Too quiet for me. I didn't see one single shop so God knows what you do if you run out of milk (or chocolate hobnobs)

Gail
Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

the village was lovely but I don't think I'd like to live there. Too quiet for me. I didn't see one single shop so God knows what you do if you run out of milk (or chocolate hobnobs)

Gail
Isn't there a grocery store somewhere near there? Someone posted on the message board on her site that they had seen her at the store.

I should have known you'd work those hobnobs in there somewhere.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Isn't there a grocery store somewhere near there? Someone posted on the message board on her site that they had seen her at the store.

I should have known you'd work those hobnobs in there somewhere.
The Safeway store that she was spotted in is some way from her village - I'm not exactly sure where but I think it's a big supermarket just outside Canterbury

Gail
Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like a lovely weekend Gail. You certainly had the weather for it, I think.

I wonder if Christine was actually there? I think she said she spends a couple of days a week at her apartment in London, so maybe she didn't spot you on her surveillance system!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Sounds like a lovely weekend Gail. You certainly had the weather for it, I think.

I wonder if Christine was actually there? I think she said she spends a couple of days a week at her apartment in London, so maybe she didn't spot you on her surveillance system!
Well hopefully she doesn't have someone monitoring the CCTV 24/7 because I did drive straight past albeit quite slowly and then reversed a few yards. I didn't hang around so had no way of knowing whether she was there or not. I don't think it's like Buckingham Palace, there's no royal standard flying to indicate that the monarch is in residence!

the weather was OK - a bit colder than sunny Southampton but the Kent countryside is certainly beautiful and Canterbury Cathedral is very impressive. Her village is a bit quiet for my tastes but very picturesque.

Gail
Old 05-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
Well hopefully she doesn't have someone monitoring the CCTV 24/7 because I did drive straight past albeit quite slowly and then reversed a few yards. I didn't hang around so had no way of knowing whether she was there or not. I don't think it's like Buckingham Palace, there's no royal standard flying to indicate that the monarch is in residence!
I wouldn't sweat on it, they're probably used to that happening.

White vans with Portuguese licence plates parked outside for hours might be a different thing....
Old 05-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CCTV, Television por circuito cerrado

Well, I'd have knocked her door offering bibles, or encyclopedias.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
CCTV, Television por circuito cerrado

Well, I'd have knocked her door offering bibles, or encyclopedias.
Good idea!

There was the slight problem of the locked gates to contend with.

Gail
Old 05-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re View Post
I wouldn't sweat on it, they're probably used to that happening.

White vans with Portuguese licence plates parked outside for hours might be a different thing....
Yes I suppose they are used to a few curious people taking a look.

Gail
Old 05-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good idea!

There was the slight problem of the locked gates to contend with.

Gail
Even If you'd been able to get by the locked gates, you still would've had to deal with her guard dogs.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even If you'd been able to get by the locked gates, you still would've had to deal with her guard dogs.
If it was only Dougal & George then I think I'd be OK - anything bigger and I might have been in trouble

Getting hold of the out takes from ITM and the Gold Albums might be shade more difficult than I first thought

Gail
Old 05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Gail
Wonderful! I have had fantasies of doing this...If I'm ever in Kent, maybe I will. What is the name of the town?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wonderful! I have had fantasies of doing this...If I'm ever in Kent, maybe I will. What is the name of the town?
aleuzzi - I've sent you a private message

Gail