The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Christine McVie Forum

I'm really proud and impressed when this thread started over a year ago that so many FM fans posted here. I had no idea people appreciated Christine McVie as much as I did.

Anyway as toll for entering this thread you must post your favorite Christine memory.

When I was driving to Mrytle Beach with my parents the 8 track kept playing the White album over and over again. My mom and I were night driving. I kept remembering how the ladies' voice reminded me of my mom. Soft, warm and beautiful. The song was Warm Ways.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think my fave Christine memory goes back to the not too distant past, around the spring of 2004. I had quite a crush. It was the kind that made me pretty careless about everything else. I discovered "Everywhere" and it became the theme song for my crush. So I had to dance around my dorm room singing it. I still remember how giddy I was, putting that song on repeat for at least an hour.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

quote: Anyway as toll for entering this thread you must post your favorite Christine memory.

Okay, I'll bite. I'd known of Christine McVie and her songs for years when onenight, at about eight twelve--this was the early eighties--I heard a song I'd never heard before, blaring out of our living-room stereo: Say You Love Me. It was brilliant. I decided then and there to listen (and, in the case of Rumors, re-listen) to everything she'd ever recorded up to that point.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd always liked Christine, but it turned into more once she retired. Here are a few...

The feeling I get when I've had a bad day and come home to put in The Dance DVD...immediately going to Don't Stop and feeling better.

At the September 14th SYW show, I covered my ears or tried to cover my ears when Stevie sang on Don't Stop.

Being in a record store and finding the 1984 album.

At the July 17th Gold Dust tour, I thought to myself...if this was a Fleetwood Mac show, Christine McVie would be right in front of me.

And coming here daily to check out the forum and be around y'all!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember listening to Little Lies from the TITN cassette on my little pink radio/tape player in my friend Renee's room when we were 12.

I remember the first time I heard Why - I got a compilation video in a trade about 3 or 4 years ago & a live version of Why was there The picture sucked, it wasn't labeled & it cut off halfway into the song. I had no clue what the song was, who wrote it, what album - nothing. I just knew I HAD to find it after that.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite Christine memory is still my first one. I heard "Over My Head" on the radio back in 1975 and was completely blown away by that voice(I still am, by the way.) Right then and there I became a fan. My fandom grew over the years. Inevitably her songs on Fleetwood Mac albums always turned out to be my favorite songs on the albums. The internet made me even more of a fan, if that's possible. Unfortunately, I didn't get online until 1999 so I missed the Dance reunion online at least. That would have been so much fun to share in the last Fleetwood Mac album with other fans. Like John, it's also amazing to me to hear from other fans who love Christine. It always seemed to me that I was the only one. One last fantastic memory was in the spring last year when I first heard "You Are" coming out of my computer. I hadn't heard any new Christine music for 7 long years. In The Meantime was so much fun because of the internet. Thank you Marty & Lis(I have a feeling that Lis had quite alot to do with this ) for starting a Christine forum on the Ledge.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was primarily a Fleetwood Mac fan since 1973 (God is it that long) and intrigued by them having a female in the band (not many did back then)

I only went online in 1999 when I got my first home PC and was knocked out by the number of like minded FM fans I found.

It wasn't really until she left the band that I realised she was my favourite member - they say you don't really know what you've got till it's gone.

My over riding memory is seeing them live in Nov 03 at Earls Court. I find the start of a concert very exciting - the house lights go down, the crowd gets more intense, shadowy figures appear on the stage, Mick starts to play the first beats of The Chain (so loud your chest vibrates), Lindsey plays the first few notes and then ...... "Listen the wind blow" and then crashing disappointment because it just didn't sound right. I spent the rest of the concert trying to enjoy myself but it was no good.

I posted on another board that "The thrill had gone" and I still feel like that.

I went again on 10 Dec because I'd seen a rumour that she would be on stage. And although I enjoyed that more if they ever tour the UK again unless there's a guarantee she will be there I don't think I'll go.

Gail
Old 08-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Unfortunately, I didn't get online until 1999 so I missed the Dance reunion online at least. That would have been so much fun to share in the last Fleetwood Mac album with other fans.
Say You Will is a Fleetwood Mac album.

(You must've known I was going to say that. But it's true! )
Old 08-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you Marty & Lis(I have a feeling that Lis had quite alot to do with this ) for starting a Christine forum on the Ledge.
You are very welcome. It's my favorite forum. I think it may have been Marty'd idea to start it though?? I can't even remember.

Hmmmm...favorite CM memory...I have a few that really stick out in my head...

--hearing Over My Head on the radio as a kid i 1975, i remember that cool mellow intro so vividly, and both my parents were singing along.
--seeing her at Great Adventure; she smiled at me.
--watching my toddler daughter dancing to Temporary One and Say You Love Me many, many times; she used to watch The Dance endlessly!
--while talking to John before the 97 Meadowlands show, I looked over his shoulder and saw Chris down the hall, just for a minute. Surreal in the extreme, in every regard LOL.

there are more but that's a start....

-Lis
Old 08-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Say You Will is a Fleetwood Mac album.

(You must've known I was going to say that. But it's true! )
Yes, I knew you were going to say that. And, technically, of course The Dance is not the last album, but it still is the last one to me.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
My favorite Christine memory is still my first one. I heard "Over My Head" on the radio back in 1975 and was completely blown away by that voice.
Even though I was well aware of Christine's genius in the pre-you-know-who days and have always enjoyed her work, I've said a million times before and I'll say it again, "Over My Head" was and still is her finest vocal moment. Absolutely gorgeous.

I second that as my favorite memory.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR
Even though I was well aware of Christine's genius in the pre-you-know-who days and have always enjoyed her work, I've said a million times before and I'll say it again, "Over My Head" was and still is her finest vocal moment. Absolutely gorgeous.

I second that as my favorite memory.
I remember, as a kid, while learning to play guitar, my friend's and I trying to play Over My Head, in my friend's basement. The funniest thing I remember is the call/response of "Over my head". So freaking funny now, picturing them singing "OMH" in falsetto.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Anyway as toll for entering this thread you must post your favorite Christine memory.
It would take up too much room...and I've posted it a thousand times already...so, I'll say:

At the 1976 Eric Clapton concert at the GW Forum

...and leave it at that. Most of you long-time Ledgies know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Yes, I knew you were going to say that. And, technically, of course The Dance is not the last album, but it still is the last one to me.

In the same way that Then Play On is/was for me.

Last edited by chiliD; 08-05-2005 at 01:30 PM..
Old 08-05-2005, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
It would take up too much room...and I've posted it a thousand times already...so, I'll say:

At the 1976 Eric Clapton concert at the GW Forum

...and leave it at that. Most of you long-time Ledgies know what I'm talking about.

In the same way that Then Play On is/was for me.
chili - tell me what happened at EC concert relating to CMcVie I'm curious

thanks!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Getting Behind the Mask and the title track coming on. I never paid attention to her before then (I was in my Stevie phase, but please forgive me because I was only around 12 or 13), but I was blown away by her stuff on that album. Definitely made me a Christine fan and I've become an even bigger one since Say You Will came out.