Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Kids On The Block

So today while I have been cleaning my house I put on the old pay per view concerts from New Kids. I hate to admit it but I have gotten no cleaning done. I have been dancing around and singing along with them.

Anybody else have any embarrassing stories?

She's my favorite girl ooooooooooooh lol
Old 11-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. hahaha...I got rid of all my New Kids stuff long ago....I had a night shirt, a sweater, shirts...tapes...posters (on which I drew a mustache and devil horns on Donny)...

Sometimes I regret getting rid of the tapes...a trip down memory lane wouldn't be bad....

I never did record any of their televised things...

As for embarrassing stories...lets see....

I listened to them a lot and like them....isn't that embarassing enough!?!
Old 11-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

when i was in fourth grade all of the sixth graders were listening to new kids.... i loved the beatles.... they found out... and i got harrassed and pushed around... one day, two of them had me pinned against a fence and they were making fun of me... i broke free and ran to the office where they made me stay all afternoon because they were afraid the sixth graders wouldn't stop... i've always been persecuted for my choices in music....
Old 11-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Wow. hahaha...I got rid of all my New Kids stuff long ago....I had a night shirt, a sweater, shirts...tapes...posters (on which I drew a mustache and devil horns on Donny)...
lol i kept everything
i was cleaning out one of my closets where i had all this crap that is why i was watching
it was fun to watch though lol
i enjoyed it
if you want me to make a copy of any of the videos i have let me know
Old 11-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
when i was in fourth grade all of the sixth graders were listening to new kids.... i loved the beatles.... they found out... and i got harrassed and pushed around... one day, two of them had me pinned against a fence and they were making fun of me... i broke free and ran to the office where they made me stay all afternoon because they were afraid the sixth graders wouldn't stop... i've always been persecuted for my choices in music....
oh wow that is bad

i was so into them

i remember ordering the pay per view show and watching it with two of my friends and my cousin. we were screaming and hysterical crying lol now that is crazy..
Old 11-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Lol

I was persecuted for liking NKOTB, Jessica...a flip flop on your story. I've always been teased for my choices too.

I have that pay per view video....I remember asking my parents if I could see it. It was a friggin EVENT at my house. I was so excited and my best friend came over and we watched it, countless times.

I still have every single thing of NKOTB....and I'm trying to sell some stuff on Ebay. I'm not selling everything, just stupid stuff. LOL I'm keeping all my tapes, singles (I miss going to the store to see what singles they had on the giant single wall at Musicland and Sam Goody ), and CD's. I'm also keeping my dolls...which are still in the packages.

I listened to some NKOTB songs last week. I can never hear Funny Feeling enough, it's one of my fave songs of all time. Jordan and Joe should have done more duets. They sound great together, IMO. Hearing Jordan on The Surreal Life tho.... WTH happened to that beautiful soprano voice?! Yikes!!

I was so miserable in high school. I was wearing a Joe necklace one day and in gym class, this girl comes up to me and goes "Is that New Kids on the Block? Do you know they're all gay?" Yes, tell me for the millionth time, I can never hear it enough. Sheesh. It got so frustrating and old to hear from every frickin' person. Alot of girls liked them, but wouldn't show it or say anything, because they didn't wanna be teased.

Why can't people just leave other people alone in their love for music, no matter who/what it is?
Old 11-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The NKOTB hold a very terrible memory for me.

In 5th grade, I went to a new school. I had gone from a secular school to a very private Christian school. The kids had money and they didn't curse and went to church etc. This was soon after my father died and I didn't know which way was up. I just knew I was poor, and that I was very new to this Christian world I was thrown in.

I just knew I wanted to be accepted SO bad.

By the summer of 5th going into 6th, I had caught one of the most popular, Lorin. Lorin was so pretty and very rich we talked every single day on the phone about boys. I was there when she got her "friend" the first time, we had a bond! We were so close all summer and it made me excited for the new school year.

So --6th grade started and I thought I had a new best friend. NOT.

Vanessa and Katie were new to my class and HUGE NKOTB fans. They sucked boy crazy Lorin into it and they all became fast best friends. They were always together and I was NOT included.

I didn't really like the music first of all, but I wasn't allowed to listen to anything other than Christian music...according to my mom. She was a very new Christian and her rules were so harsh.

So I was alienated and alone. I didn't fit in with anyone. Plus, ALL the girls seemed to have gotten their "friend" and I hadn't for some reason ( though I was taller and developed)

I spent the year crying about grades and feeling so alone and getting over losing my first boyfriend ( he wrote a note and went out with blonde Amber all year)

This was 1990. It is 2004. I still remember this pain like it was yesterday! 6th grade was tough and the NKOTB made it hell.

This is SOOOOOOOOO personal but oh well right. Is that embarrasing enough for you??
Old 11-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

Hearing Jordan on The Surreal Life tho.... WTH happened to that beautiful soprano voice?! Yikes!!

I'm guessing puberty.

Anyway, I'm not ashamed of any of my musical choices. I think they all RAWK!
Old 11-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I have a tape of me singing "Eye of the Tiger" when i was 8. and one singing "Sweet Dreams" (eurythmics) and singing "Shadows of the Night" (pat benatar) when i was 8. it's the singing that's embarrassing...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I have a tape of me singing "Eye of the Tiger" when i was 8. and one singing "Sweet Dreams" (eurythmics) and singing "Shadows of the Night" (pat benatar) when i was 8. it's the singing that's embarrassing...
I must hear these! LOL
I'm sure you sounded amazing
Old 11-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony
I must hear these! LOL
I'm sure you sounded amazing
no, not really. I remember my voice cracked on "eeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyeee, of the tigah..."

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Amen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Anyway, I'm not ashamed of any of my musical choices. I think they all RAWK!
Me either! I'm not ashamed. There's no reason for it. So I like the Spice Girls, NKOTB, BSB, NSync, etc. I like a variety of music.

Speaking of singing as a kid....yeah, my dad videotaped me singing along with my Chipmunks albums and stuff. I remember he took a tape of me singing to my grandparents house for either Thanksgiving or Christmas one year...I was about 15 or something....OMG....talk about wanting to crawl under a rock and die!! LOL
Old 11-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not ashamed of any of my musical choices. I think they all RAWK!
SPICE GIRLS FANS UNITE!!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
The NKOTB hold a very terrible memory for me.

In 5th grade, I went to a new school. I had gone from a secular school to a very private Christian school. The kids had money and they didn't curse and went to church etc. This was soon after my father died and I didn't know which way was up. I just knew I was poor, and that I was very new to this Christian world I was thrown in.

I just knew I wanted to be accepted SO bad.

By the summer of 5th going into 6th, I had caught one of the most popular, Lorin. Lorin was so pretty and very rich we talked every single day on the phone about boys. I was there when she got her "friend" the first time, we had a bond! We were so close all summer and it made me excited for the new school year.

So --6th grade started and I thought I had a new best friend. NOT.

Vanessa and Katie were new to my class and HUGE NKOTB fans. They sucked boy crazy Lorin into it and they all became fast best friends. They were always together and I was NOT included.

I didn't really like the music first of all, but I wasn't allowed to listen to anything other than Christian music...according to my mom. She was a very new Christian and her rules were so harsh.

So I was alienated and alone. I didn't fit in with anyone. Plus, ALL the girls seemed to have gotten their "friend" and I hadn't for some reason ( though I was taller and developed)

I spent the year crying about grades and feeling so alone and getting over losing my first boyfriend ( he wrote a note and went out with blonde Amber all year)

This was 1990. It is 2004. I still remember this pain like it was yesterday! 6th grade was tough and the NKOTB made it hell.

This is SOOOOOOOOO personal but oh well right. Is that embarrasing enough for you??
What a sad story. Stupid NKOTB bonding....seriously though - that sucks.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not ashamed of any of my musical choices. I think they all RAWK!
I've always been extremely obstinate when it comes to the things I derive pleasure from. It's never mattered to me if the artists I like are popular or unpopular with others. When it comes to something like music, my opinion is the only one that matters to me, and it's always been that way.

There are definitely times when I'm baffled that people don't like an artist or song, simply because I think they're too good not to like... but it doesn't change how I feel about that artist or song.

Now excuse me while I go listen to Nancy Sinatra.