Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation True Stones fans,

doe we have any true stones hard core fans? I am! anybody attend/attending any shows this year or next?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a huge Stones fan too!!! I went to the Duke University Concert in Durham, NC last month. It was soooo frickin' awesome. I had the most amazing seats, Row 13 from the stage on the field/center and four seats over from the catwalk. I just couldn't believe I was sitting that close to them. The show was amazing; it is unbelieveable that they still have that much energy and can still perform like that at their age.

I guess my favorite Stones album is Aftermath , but there are so many that I LOVE it is really hard to say.

It is good to know that they is another fellow Stones fan on the Ledge!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 11-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whats it like seing them in a big outdoor venue?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but I love them - and one of my favorite songs of all time is Gimme Shelter...

I saw them twice on the Steel Wheels tour and once on the Voodoo Lounge tour. I intend to see them again when they swing this way in March.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just a casual fan, but I saw them last Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl and they were amazing!! I want to see them again in March.

My favorite song of theirs is Tumbling Dice.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am a true Stones fan....but I have not seen live them in over 6 years. Umm...hmmm... am I still a true fan? YES! Yes I am. I just am not a die hard fan. But I do listen to Forty Licks at least once a week!!

The last time I saw the Stones I was sitting in the section behind the stage....looking at their asses all night....probably the best part of them to look at......

I don't know what is wrong with me, maybe I am getting old, but I just don't go to concerts anymore....I have been to hundreds of FM/Stevie shows (literally hundreds!)....and alot of other concerts...but now I have no desire to go to a concert with drunk screaming fans and listen to really loud music.... .....

Of course I go to a few Stevie/FM shows when they are on tour, but that is about it.....

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

reebokand lace: you sound like you suffer from the same line of thought as my dad, been there done that...seen it ALL...Thats cool though...just wish I was so very lucky...

As for the Stones I am keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather at PAc Bell park this weekend Also hoping they play Ruby Tuesday
"May the Force be with you..."~Star Wars
Old 11-11-2005, 05:06 PM
MoonChilde

Another Stones fan here..They played here in my town in Sept..85 thousand people at a huge outdoor venue.The stage was specially built for this show.There were 4 bands leading up to the Stones...I have to say I have always been a stones fan ,but not a die hard..But this time it was something special..as I was working the concert and got to actually be there the week leading up to the event and see all the work that goes into their shows..It was made even better as I got to be on stage and near them for the whole concert!!!! Even got to shake Mick's hand..whoo.hoo..It is unbelievable the entourage they travel with..and the equipment ...The dressing rooms were even unbelievable..they do know how to travel in style..
I am hoping I can catch another one of there shows in the near future..as I met some awesome people who work along side them and would love to hook up with them ..in fact one of Stevie's old boyfriends works with the Stones..talk about a small world when i found that out..ha ha..
Old 11-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HUGE fan here. I can't get enough of em I have more Stones CD's in my collection, than any other artist. I flew to Seattle to see the show. It was awsome. Right on the side of the stage, next to Keith, and Dayrl (?) Rain Fall Down was the best new song performed. Bitch was by far the BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT, which is one of my favorite songs. I'm hoping to catch them again, on the last month of the tour (it'll give me time to save)
Old 11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegypsy
reebokand lace: you sound like you suffer from the same line of thought as my dad, been there done that...seen it ALL...Thats cool though...just wish I was so very lucky...

As for the Stones I am keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather at PAc Bell park this weekend Also hoping they play Ruby Tuesday
You dad and I are probably from the same generation... ...

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
I'm a huge Stones fan too!!! I went to the Duke University Concert in Durham, NC last month. It was soooo frickin' awesome. I had the most amazing seats, Row 13 from the stage on the field/center and four seats over from the catwalk. I just couldn't believe I was sitting that close to them. The show was amazing; it is unbelieveable that they still have that much energy and can still perform like that at their age.

I guess my favorite Stones album is Aftermath , but there are so many that I LOVE it is really hard to say.

It is good to know that they is another fellow Stones fan on the Ledge!
bomb crash show? i went to the giants stadium show...5th row.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie
I'm just a casual fan, but I saw them last Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl and they were amazing!! I want to see them again in March.

My favorite song of theirs is Tumbling Dice.
My brother went to the 2nd night at the bowl and he said the crowd was laidback and just sucked and he said the venue was a s**thole! The crowd at the giants show was wild... the stones even said so theirselves! btw...my brother has been a fan for 30 something years and has seen like 200 shows! back to livia, gimme shelter is one of my favorites but they dropped it for this tour! tumbling dice is my bro's favorite song. oh yeah my brother-in-law met mick and got an autograph! details coming soon...
Old 11-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegypsy

I'm sure they will...at the giants show i sang so loud on the chorus that mick probably heard me!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain
HUGE fan here. I can't get enough of em I have more Stones CD's in my collection, than any other artist. I flew to Seattle to see the show. It was awsome. Right on the side of the stage, next to Keith, and Dayrl (?) Rain Fall Down was the best new song performed. Bitch was by far the BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT, which is one of my favorite songs. I'm hoping to catch them again, on the last month of the tour (it'll give me time to save)
...must be love, it's a bitch!... i love all of my stones fans here...especially my fellow BITCH fan!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams
...must be love, it's a bitch!... i love all of my stones fans here...especially my fellow BITCH fan!
Gotta love the Bitch...

The bass, the lead guitar, vocals, it's total PERFECTION. The drums are awsome too, but what else would you expect out of Charlie...

Alot of Tumbling Dice fans here, too. Another favorite. I gotta get a job and see em again.