Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Ledgie

Default Live in Boston disapointment

Saw the Mac 3 times during the last tour and thought they were great, but I left those shows doubting the integrity of some of the music - Lindsey's guitar playing during certain moments where sound continued (not Carlos and Neil) but Lindsey was not playing. Anyway, last nite on VH1 Classic they had a little special with Stevie explaining the history of some songs and other things followed up with clips from Live in Boston (or whatever it is called) and I got to tell you as a die hard fan I am a little bit embarrased by the lack of quality of that production. I am not an expert, I do not know what the heck went wrong with it but quite frankly it sucked, especially using the Dance as a high water mark. Stevie's voice was off, Lindsey seems like he isn't playing the guitar in synch with the sound track - he muffed Big Love at the end, which is not just a Boston problem, but at the shows I went to as well, his voice was all messed up... It was so upsetting that I had to switch to Monday Nite Football. Sorry
Old 11-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I watched that earlier today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs
Saw the Mac 3 times during the last tour and thought they were great, but I left those shows doubting the integrity of some of the music - Lindsey's guitar playing during certain moments where sound continued (not Carlos and Neil) but Lindsey was not playing. Anyway, last nite on VH1 Classic they had a little special with Stevie explaining the history of some songs and other things followed up with clips from Live in Boston (or whatever it is called) and I got to tell you as a die hard fan I am a little bit embarrased by the lack of quality of that production. I am not an expert, I do not know what the heck went wrong with it but quite frankly it sucked, especially using the Dance as a high water mark. Stevie's voice was off, Lindsey seems like he isn't playing the guitar in synch with the sound track - he muffed Big Love at the end, which is not just a Boston problem, but at the shows I went to as well, his voice was all messed up... It was so upsetting that I had to switch to Monday Nite Football. Sorry
on DVD (The VH1 Classic show "Headline Act") and I was disappointed at the obvious bad edits that were on the LIB DVD...

I still have only watched it 3 times & I noticed the bad editing the very first time...But like you alot of people noticed the same screwups too.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Supporting Ledgie

The Dance is and was better, I agree.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really dont think anyone questions that The Dance was/will be The Mac's ultimate DVD Concert. It was a moment in time that can never be captured the same way, with the same intensity again. As much as I loved the Say You Will tour, especially the 2004 leg , you cant really compare the 2. This is a harder, rockier version of The Mac. I happen to love it more without Chrsitine (my personal opinion) but The Dance is made spectacular because of the chemistry that existed in that moment...

~Alex

Old 11-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The Dance is made spectacular because of the chemistry that existed in that moment
And what a great way to end an era that sadly we will probably not see again from these guys.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
And what a great way to end an era that sadly we will probably not see again from these guys.
Exactly.

~Alex

Old 11-11-2004, 01:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm still upset at the unneccessarily close close-ups of Stevie during what...Dreams? Waaaay too close.
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered
Old 11-11-2004, 02:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

The video does have many editing problems. However, I feel the Stevie close-ups during Goodbye Baby were a very honest and bold move on Stevie's part. She still has those beautiful brown eyes.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Im GLAD they did the close ups on Stevie. Its just evidence that she had something done to erase the wrinkles around her eyes. I saw her upclose several times in 2001 and she had major obvios crow feet wrinkles. Now they seem to have disappeared!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The thick pancake make-up on her cheeks is different then the thin "pore revealing" make-up on her nose........very bad. Don't even get me started on the "fuzzy lens" on Stevie for Destiny Rules" dvd!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:48 AM
Supporting Ledgie

ACtually the major complaint I have about the Boston DVD set is that it didnt include the 2nd tour leg songs like "Sara" and "I Know I'm Not Wrong."
Old 11-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

The close-ups do show wrinkles around her eyes. It doesnt seem to me there is any evidence of tampering to get rid of the wrinkles.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think this DVD is more in the vein of the Mirage tour film... rawer, edgier, less tinkering afterward. Lindsey has been pretty up-front about how much was done to The Dance in post... it was meant to be perfect, and it is. But only because it was heavily produced after the fact. A lot of live recordings are, anyway.

But I remember him saying somewhere (I couldn't find the article) that this was intentionally rawer and more a document of a live band than a studio-polished product. Some have said there are a lot of noticeable overdubs, but they used a lot of recorded vocals in the concert, too... so I think it represents the tour very well.

I am beginning to dig Silver Springs on LIB almost as much as The Dance... as they go along at the end, the tempo speeds up and the song gets more intense... "STILL I AM A FOOL!!!" ... love it!

Last edited by JamieSPC; 11-11-2004 at 11:44 AM..
Old 11-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

:chronic:

IMO I am thankful they produced a dvd - closeups, wrinkles, edits or dubs
Old 11-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
I happen to love it more without Chrsitine (my personal opinion) but The Dance is made spectacular because of the chemistry that existed in that moment...

~Alex
I agree 100% with what you said, Alex!

My favorite video is the 1982 Mirage concert. I like that even better then the Dance.