User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question queer studies- plz help

i must admit that reading the two threads here about gay prince and firing gays left me in a bit of a shock, coz while things like these happen there, here, i have to take a MANDATORY yearly course in queer studies (quite a cool class i must say).

anyway, i gotta come up with subject options for a final essay for this course, my lector (mr. garrison ) LOVES gay cultural essays, which is great, but i gotta come up with several options, and it has to be something which can fill at least 10 pages or so, and needs to be backed up by various sources.
i've 3 options by now. if anyone here could help me out with expanding those ideas, provide some info sources or (even better) coming up with some new ones, i'd greatly appreciate it.
my current options are:

1- south park's mr. garrison vs. the family guy's luke perry vs. the simpsons' john waters- exploration of gay manhood vs. straight manhood's portrail as presented according to those cartoon characters.

2- dana international- the rise and fall. what made the greatest transexual star lose 2 careers in her hopeless attempts to become a "decent" rock act.

3- erasure vs. pet shop boys- gay themes successfully insreted to mainstream pop, hidden vs. flamboyant, hardcore vs. liminality.

any ideas?
thanks.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come.
Straight poetry about how not to please a gay woman.

sorry. couldn't come up with something better

Old 03-26-2004, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^
subtitle: Even Lesbians Fall For Buckingham

umm.... *thinking..*

"Sara, You're The Poet In My Heart": The (Not So) Hidden Lesbian Themes in Stevie Nicks' Songs

?
Old 03-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mari - lol