Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Ledgie

Default Richard Dashut

what ever happened to Richard Dashut?... I mean I wonder why he wasnt involved with this project..... a few years back I emailed him and he wrote me back a very nice full letter answering all my questions and adding some He spoke so fondly of Lindsey and of how great the experience was doing "out of the cradle " with him.. I thought for sure Richard would be on this record....
Old 02-15-2003, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard Dashut is now Vice President A&R at 5:I

This is taken from it's website

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Richard Dashut is one of the music industries best-known producers. His work with Fleetwood Mac, where he co-produced Rumours, has earned him several Grammy nominations and an award for Best Album of the Year.

Mr. Dashut produced, or co-produced every Fleetwood Mac album up until Tango In the Night. He has also worked on several solo projects including Mick Fleetwood The Visitor and Lindsay Buckingham Law and Order and Out o f the Cradle.

In addition to his work with Fleetwood Mac, Mr. Dashut has worked on several hit projects including artists such as Bachman Turner Overdrive, Elton John, Walter Egan and Bob Welch. He has also produced songs for various movie soundtracks including Vacation and Back to the Future.

Richard is well liked and connected in the music industry; respected for his musical creativity both as a live mixer and as a studio producer - his ability to create hit music has been proven over the years with the testimonials of multi-platinum albums that have stood the test of time.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

However I still don't understand why Richard has not involved with FM since the 'Time' album, or LB since 'OOTC'

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource

Last edited by nodmod; 02-15-2003 at 09:43 AM..
Old 02-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod
Richard Dashut is now Vice President A&R at 5:I

This is taken from it's website

"He has also worked on several solo projects including Mick Fleetwood The Visitor and Lindsay Buckingham Law and Order and Out of the Cradle."
Even the official site spells Lindsey's name wrong! Ack!

Old 02-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Richard Dashut

I remember reading somewhere that Lindsey and Richard Dashut had something of a disagreement sometime after Out Of The Cradle and before The Dance. I don't know how serious it was but it has obviously affected their relationship. If I recall correctly it was sometime during the early Gift Of Screws period, maybe they had the old chestnut of "musical differences"

Old 02-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Richard Dashut

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac
I remember reading somewhere that Lindsey and Richard Dashut had something of a disagreement sometime after Out Of The Cradle and before The Dance. I don't know how serious it was but it has obviously affected their relationship. If I recall correctly it was sometime during the early Gift Of Screws period, maybe they had the old chestnut of "musical differences"

This may of been around the time of the fabled story that Lindsey submitted a new album with the OOTC Touring Band to the record label and the label refused to release it as it was not commercial enough.
This may have been enough for Lindsey to try and branch out on his own in the producer chair.

It is a shame if this is indeed true, as one we miss out on another Lindsey album and two, the great producing and co-writing between Lindsey and Richard comes to an end.

I wish we knew for sure about this album. Can anyone elaborate?

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource