no, 20,000 people
Actually it was 40,000 people
Nope, it was 75,000 people

All the real big San Francisco bands!
Big bands! Big time!
Jimi Hendrix! *wait for cheering* Janis Joplin! *more applause*
1968! *cheers cheers cheers*
Liiike…80,000 people in stadiums! *cheers*
The velvet underground!!! SAN FRANCISCO!!!!
Old 06-21-2024, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think you’re right. They must have been, and that grew into this giant narrative about how the other members of Mac kept him out of the Hall of Fame. But I don’t think that’s true because, at least at that time, it wasn’t possible. There is an executive committee in place to decide who gets in and who doesn’t. The journalist Robert Hilburn was on that committee at the time, and he was asked at the time why Welch and Weston and Vito and Burnette weren’t included in the induction. Hilburn was very clear. He and the other folks on the committee (including Ahmet Ertegun and Jann Wenner) met to discuss the possibility of admitting more people from Mac’s history, but they unanimously decided that only the Green group and the Buckingham + Nicks group met the committee’s artistic and cultural-powerhouse requirements for being inducted. The band may or may not have been able to persuade the committee otherwise, but the committee made the call, not the band.

Of course, that committee has been hugely inconsistent over the years with its reasoning: Eagles all in, the Miracles not in, Parliament all in, the Crickets not.

Bob is the one who started the idea that this decision was “retribution” for filing suit in 1994. If Mick and John had demanded that Bob be included, Wenner and Ertegun would have told them to get back in their swim lane. This executive board has final say on which members get in.

If Mac hadn’t been inducted until the past few years, I think there’s a really good choice that everyone would have been inducted, because I think the committee is so obviously off-course and prone to lobbying, especially the past ten years. I think you really can buy your way in now.
Well, all I can say is, so much much for

"BOB WELCH SAVED FLEETWOOD MAC" - Mick Fleetwood

David, David, David.... look how they've glossed over his savior years, when talking about the history of the band. Like those years never happened. Bob moved them to the states, and brought them through FIVE really good albums. NONE OF US WOULD EVEN BE DISCUSSING THE BAND IF IT WEREN'T FOR BOB WELCH.

They're ingrates, and pretty disgusting ingrates.
Old 06-21-2024, 11:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Re: Bob Welch and the RRHOF, I agree that the RRHOF committee makes the calls here. The RRHOF committee has always had a bias towards 60s acts, so the success of the Green lineup got those members in, and the Rumours lineup had such huge success that there was no way they wouldn’t be in. The interim lineups before and after had some success but weren’t really remarkable artistically or commercially. On the one hand, it’s unfortunate for Bob Welch, but especially at that time when the RRHOF standards were more exclusionary it wasn’t happening. No way Jann Wenner has Bob Welch and his middle of the road work in the RRHOF.

Stevie is narcissistic. It’s helped her create this cohesive, commercially viable image and write some amazing songs. But the extent to which she centers herself in every narrative is annoying at times and grotesque at other times. Let’s not forget her note about RBG. While any normal person would realize that she and Chris were not best friends and that it would not be appropriate for Stevie to barge in for a visit when Chris was dying, Stevie is not a normal person and of course wanted to be there for herself. The montage of her and Chris for Landslide seems especially self-serving — I’m glad I don’t go to her shows anymore. That would have driven me up a wall.

Stevie has been using band drama to sell tickets for decades. I suppose it shouldn’t even be surprising at this point.
Old 06-22-2024, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When the Grateful Dead were inducted Jerry Garcia insisted everyone who had virtually anything to do with the band were inducted or they wouldn’t accept the award or something.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have the entire mojo magazine interview?
Old 06-22-2024, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
When the Grateful Dead were inducted Jerry Garcia insisted everyone who had virtually anything to do with the band were inducted or they wouldn’t accept the award or something.
And he still blew the ceremony off.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Does anyone have the entire mojo magazine interview?
It hasn't come out yet. I think June 26th it'll be on the newsstands.
Old 06-23-2024, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It hasn't come out yet. I think June 26th it'll be on the newsstands.
I thought it came out last week. I don't think it's being sold in the States.
Old 06-24-2024, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I thought it came out last week. I don't think it's being sold in the States.
That is what I thought, as well.
Old Today, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What's she's trying to say is, "Even if I didn't hate his guts, he can't tour anyway."

Love her for staying away from the band she torched anyway.
Apparently she's a medical doctor now and has given Lindsey a full physical and can give him a medical diagnosis. If she says Lindsey cant do long tours because of his health issues then it must be true.

I hate how she never owns her words or actions. This interview is nothing more than a deflection of her choices which by statement analysis she is no longer comfortable with. She is using Chris's death and Lindsey's 2018 heart issue to gloss over the past and it gives her cover not to commit to her words and actions of the past.

Is she so ignorant to not know that Lindsey did a world tour post Covid and kept going with deaths of band members, Covid issues, etc. Yet Lindsey kept going. But Stevie says Lindsey is not healthy enough to tour. Can you imagine what Lindsey thinks of this? Lindsey plays his heart out every night on his tours. He is drenched with sweat. He plays an instrument and his set is almost twice as long as hers. She is so insulting. Its like when she told Chris to get a trainer before going on the road. She's really something.

Dr. Nicks really lives in a bubble.

Last edited by Macfan4life; Today at 07:42 AM..
Old Today, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Apparently she's a medical doctor now and has given Lindsey a full physical and can give him a medical diagnosis. If she says Lindsey cant do long tours because of his health issues then it must be true.

I hate how she never owns her words or actions. This interview is nothing more than a deflection of her choices which by statement analysis she is no longer comfortable with. She is using Chris's death and Lindsey's 2018 heart issue to gloss over the past and it gives her cover not to commit to her words and actions of the past.

Is she so ignorant to not know that Lindsey did a world tour post Covid and kept going with deaths of band members, Covid issues, etc. Yet Lindsey kept going. But Stevie says Lindsey is not healthy enough to tour. Can you imagine what Lindsey thinks of this? Lindsey plays his heart out every night on his tours. He is drenched with sweat. He plays an instrument and his set is almost twice as long as hers. She is so insulting. Its like when she told Chris to get a trainer before going on the road. She's really something.

Dr. Nicks really lives in a bubble.
She has a bubble in her head.
Old Today, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She has a bubble in her head.
I doubt if even THAT is in there.

Remember when The Golden Girls would show what was going on inside Rose's head? That's how I picture Old Goatsy's. Da da da dum....
Old Today, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And yet she generates 131 replies in this thread.
Old Today, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
She is the highest profile member of a now defunct band that this site was created for. Touring relentlessly, hawking Barbie dolls created in her image, seeking out publicity and giving out interviews so people are going to comment.

Old Today, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
If she would not make such idiotic comments no one would care and it would be a one page thread.
Imagine if Lindsey said something like "I don't think Stevie could do long tours anymore. She's been in multiple rehabs and her voice is quite shabby lately."

You dont think those comments would generate 131 comments?
Of course it would. Stop defending the indefensible