View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It just reminds me of all the things I take to be true just because Stevie has said them for decades and repeatedly. Lindsey has never spoken to much of that stuff. He has his own version of events. Many times people will think that the fact that he never denies them must mean Stevie's version is true, but I don't think he even considers the subject matter that much. He doesn't harp on the same things that she does. She's retells the Aspen fight, while he is more concerned about saying again and again how they made him use a pic when he first joined the band.

They keep different memories at the forefront of their minds, so he doesn't even know what she has said that he has to deny and Stevie isn't saying most of these things to his face. It's mostly in solo interviews.

I think it's funny that even when they tell the story of their meeting Lndsey says that she considered herself a poet even then and she shared some of her stuff with him and he critiqued it and he added with a smirk, "that hasn't changed." Stevie doesn't talk about that part of it in her California Dreaming story.

Yes, we do need a joint book from them, but maybe they shouldn't write it together. They should both be given the same chronological outline and be told to write about the same events separately. It would really be fun to see what we get.

I love Anne Morrow Lindbergh's diaries, but I especially love War Within and Without and I compare it to her husband's diary for the same time period. When they both made diary entries on the same day for WW2, it is wonderful to read the passages side by side and to see what each thought was important for that particular day.

Michele