View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's definitely interesting to see which parts are pre-recorded vs which parts are played live on each of the tours. i was suprised to see most of intricate guitar parts on Love is Here to Stay on BuckVie tour being pre-recorded. at that point (and that was when he was still in his 60s, and before the heart attack), i figured we will never get to see / hear him play those parts of LIHTS live. yet he brought this gorgeous song back last fall (to my utter delight!), and he actually played those intricate parts he didn't on BuckVie tour.

i'm looking forward to seeing some shows on this leg, and i'm so happy that the UK/EU leg will go on and all those fans who missed him when 2011 was cancelled will get to final see him live solo.

also, i'm ecstatic that Michael Urbano is his drummer now - not only is he an amazing drummer with impressive cred and history, but he's obviously a fan of LB's music and just loving doing this tour. and from what i'm hearing audiences are loving him!

very sad about Brett and sending good, healing vibes his way.

i'm so grateful we still get to see these people and experience those highs of their shows. sure, there are so many songs that i would so love to hear him play, or at least noodle at the soundcheck and i probably never will. that is something that is way higher on my list than whether he uses background tracks same as so many out there these days. i mean, Lindsey has on stage and is introducing his computer guy as a band member. you don't have to be a genius to get that he's using backing tracks of course i'd love to see a track free show every now and then like we got in 92Y few years ago, and that we get when he now and then succumbs to fans and performs Rock Away Blind live.

it's also interesting that Lindsey's performance while slowed down and dirge-y on NGBA, Trouble, and such, is amazing and energetic on his new tunes which are fantastic live. and On The Wrong Side is winning all kinds of polls and is extremely popular among fans, which has to be so satisfying that the completely new song is generating so much love and traction.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"