View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Imo the Mirage and Tango concerts released on VHS and or DVD were terrible. Mirage has some good moments but Stevie's voice is so nasal it is pretty much unlistenable. I do love her SOTM performance. With the Tango concert I hate the closeups and the dumb backstage shots. The band is performing and yet they spend time backstage during a song to show the band horsing around or whatever. It is stupid.
I loved the Mirage concert. That was the last days of real men with real cameras filming on stage. Yes it had quirks like the bad slice at the end of Sisters but for the most part I thought it was recorded fairly well.
One of the coolest parts of the concert is when the camera on the opposite side of the stage is zoomed in on Christine while she is singing her heart out during the Chain. The same camera then loses focus (gets blurry) to then focus on Stevie (clear focus again). That is something you would NEVER see today. It was the way to capture both singers without moving the camera. Today they would just use 2 automatic cameras zooming around the stage and it would be edited together. Looking back, what a cool effect IMHO. People actually had to focus cameras. Imagine that!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-10-2020 at 05:09 PM..