View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree with Homer. The Tusk double album was a fantastic response to Rumours. The Awkward discombobulation, and flipping of everything on it's head is/was perfection. 4 million copies in 1979, very impressive for a double album.

Trying to repeat that direction for the sake of moving left of center, in 2003 was maybe, not so perfect.
A nice try if you will. But the material didn't translate this time. Plus, you don't have a Christine McVie counterpoint. That counterpoint served very well for Tusk (3 different singers/writers in this strange Tusk World.) It's Fleetwood Mac!

This album, SYW, has very little identity, it also has some very odd production choices, and a really strange and random running order. Plus, a lead singer that sounds like a chipmunk through a telephone.
Then the title track is even more of an attempt to sound like something rather than create something. This album would have been an amazing LB solo album. I wish it were.
Take a deep breath....
Try not to stare at the stairs....
Close your eyes softly....
then
Release your inner Silver Girl