View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Was I completely thrown when goat had Lindsey replaced? Sort of devastated and hurt, to be honest.
Did I blame the proper person for the firing? Yes, I believe I had blamed the direct person that caused it.

But, would I pass up the chance to see Christine McVie perform again after crying for years she'd left music and art? Absolutely not.
And she did play keyboards. I could see and hear them. Was it Sergei Rachmaninov, no.... But it was ****ing Christine McVie!

And if we are keeping score. The BTM tour in 1990, Cleveland, was one of the best FM shows I've ever seen. Electric and simply fantastic.
I have to agree with Steve that the Rumours 5 tour (as it was)... getting boring. Same thing every time. The 2018 show did have a few different things. Mostly Mick was unbelievably good that show.
Why was it getting boring. Because there's simply no chemistry left between SN/LB. They both bore me. But the core of FM is still a well oiled and beautiful machine.
jbrownsjr, I’m in love. Seriously, what a great post. So cool, calm, and collected. And yes, that was a deliberate quote. This idea that Christine performed so incredibly on the Buck/Vie tour but not so on the following FM tour just seemed like a projection of their feelings for FM (and Stevie in particular) than an objective observer. Christine was incredible on that last tour, and was absolutely glowing. Yes, she had aged and the singing showed that, but man, what a night. I’m very thankful we all had the opportunity to see her a few more times live, with Lindsey and with FM.

I also appreciate your acknowledgment that the FM tour had some good things about it, even without Lindsey. Just like the Buck/Vie show had good things about it, and the BTM had good things about that, and the Time tour had good things about that, etc. it’s ok to say that all the various tours had some great qualities, as well as some disappointments, maybe.

I also appreciated your comments about Lindsey’s firing. I was initially shocked and appalled as well, but obviously came to feel way differently about it than many people here. Can you be hurt and angry about Lindsey’s firing AND still enjoy seeing FM live? Both things can be true.