Thread: Rhiannon Movie
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I loved the Breaking Up The Band movie. It was hysterical. I have to laugh at some comments about serious actors playing Fleetwood Mac members. The Mac has insane members and the best way to portray them is with comedy. The French and Saunders skit is dead on.
Don't blame the actors for the silliness of the band members. I would much rather watch Stevie's Mexican Fajita shack and French and Saunders over some melodramatic rewriting of history. They were/are rich, spoiled egomaniacs that lived their prime in the excess of the mid to late 70s. Still fighting and still jealous of each other still to this day. Seriously. No serious drama acting is going to make them look anything other than out of control funny. Go with it.

Its not that actors. Its the people. How would you portray Stevie's insane behavior through the 80s without laughing out loud. How silly it would be even real time to have the Lindsey actor dance behind Stevie and then get fired. Its all a comical soap opera. You could be the best dramatic actor that existed and people would still laugh at your performance at the absurdity of the act.

That's what makes the Ho Ho's so brilliant. Its truth yet hysterical.
Yeah—spoof and humor are the way to go.