View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Other possible reasons Hold Me doesn’t get a lot of respect, so to speak, could be that:

- it hasn’t aged all that well.
- it’s very, very poppy. A lot of FM songs are, but they don’t sound quite so annoying. Compare You Make Loving Fun to Hold Me. Both are very poppy but YMLF is much simpler and catchier.
- the video is not very memorable, especially compared to Gypsy. As a FM fan, I like the video a lot, but a casual fan probably couldn’t even recall the video.
- my sister dislikes FM. She says their music is “whiny” LOL. Even though I disagree with her, I can kind of see that, and Hold Me has a whiny sound to it.
- lyrically, I can see why Tusk, Rhiannon, Dreams, Go Your Own Way, and others are remembered more often. Even Little Lies is a more interesting song, lyrically. There is a gravitas to them that Hold Me lacks.
You're on you own with this, man. I've always tried to pigeon hole you as a Chiffonhead, but you seem a little too level headed for that, so I've tried to place you in the FM camp. But you lost me with this comment.

WHINY? Hasn't aged well? What could be worse than Stevie and her Nasal Symphony? Now THAT'S whiny and annoying.

Now just admit that you are wrong, and we can all have wine.