View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
I didn't see this thread until just now. I recently joined and thought I'd "officially" say hi. I'm from Austin, Texas, although I just moved here so I don't really feel like a Texan yet. I went from a casual listener to a Mac fan in my mid-teens, but I'm still short of 30 so I really wasn't around for their glory years. I'm hoping to see them in Houston and catch the Sound City doc at SXSW, fingers crossed.

I've visited the Ledge before, most often to stare at photos of Lindsey Buckingham.
Welcome aboard, my fellow Austinite! Do you have a wristband to see Sound City at SXSW, or have you found a ticket another way? I nabbed a ticket for Stevie's documentary at SXSW directly from the Paramount's website, but the Drafthouse doesn't have Sound City listed on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucesoap View Post
I too just noticed this and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Leah, 26 from just somewhere outside London. I've been lurking for a little while but thought I'd be brave and say hello.

Like a lot of people, I grew up on Rumours and can't remember a time I've not known those songs. I've always loved that album cover, and would always select it if I was asked if we wanted music on at home (the rest of the time I used to amuse myself by making roads with my parent's vinyl collection lol)

I have recently discovered the fact there are loads of other brilliant albums and songs so that's been a revelation (though I knew Rhiannon and Over My Head a bit and some stuff from pre- Stevie and Lindsey that my dad used to play). I guess I would say I've become a pretty big Stevie fan, and wondering where the hell she has actually BEEN all my life. I always knew her simply as a (wonderful) voice and from the photos on the back of Rumours and had never really seen her outside from that. I literally spent 5 days slowly working through her tag on tumblr and realised how awesome she was. Anyway. I'm very excited to see FM in September in Birmingham and wish it wasn't still February!!!
Welcome to the Ledge! Make yourself a home!