View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

OMG. That article reads like a North Korean propaganda piece
I don't believe Stevie knew anything about Crowded House and did not know them from Adam. The song Don't Dream Its Over was released when she was showing up drunk for Tango sessions and then Betty Ford.
Lets do another reality check. The only reason Stevie sings it on stage with Finn is to hold the audience which is mostly made up of Stevie fans. They would be running to the restroom during the song if she did not sing it with him. Its the same reason she sings Free Fallin instead of Mike Campbell.
Another fact check: When Micks says they "could not find anyone" is total B.S. They rushed and found people really fast after Lindsey was fired. Stevie immediately brought Mike and once Billy did not work out (and Billy's tweet), Finn was almost immediately added. Mick makes it sound like they went on for months and months looking for a singer and guitarist. It some weird way, they were hired as quick as Rick and Billy.
Trying to make this destiny or some sort of lovey dovey situation is like reading how the founder of North Korea was born on a mountain with devine intervention.
Yeah ok