Thread: John & Lindsey
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default John & Lindsey

When the band was featured in Interview a little bit ago, John said the following:

Lindsey still pulls stuff out of the hat; he’s an amazing guitar player, but he never gets recognized for that. And even though he’s the band’s producer, he hides his voice a bit. Mick and I are always mentioning, with timid little voices, “We can’t really hear your vocals, Lindsey.” [laughs]

Something about this comment endears John and Lindsey to me. After years of reading interviews, this is perhaps the first time I can remember John really complimenting Lindsey on his guitar work, let alone saying he thinks Lindsey is under-appreciated for it. Considering how John himself seems to kind of hide from the spotlight I thought it interesting and a little touching that he recognizes that tendency in Lindsey (as producer of his own vocals) too, and it seems, tries to encourage him to show it off more. As Lindsey's raved about John's work on the new album as well, it's just nice to see the two "shy" boys supporting each other.

Last edited by Les; 07-18-2003 at 03:10 PM..