View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey would get a bigger crowd out there if he co-billed with, say, U2.

In other news, I'm impressed with these figures, which range from 400 to 1,400 per show. Those are human beings! Those aren't just numbers. They're people who said to themselves, "I'm going to see Lindsey Buckingham even if it kills me." They wanted to be there. They laughed. They cried. They cheered. They plotzed when Lindsey bent over & wacked his GO YOUR OWN WAY like a churning wooden basin of butter.

So I think it's good. He should tour like that again. Heck, that's 400 to 1,400 more people turning out for him than would turn out for any of us.

In other news, I watched LIVE AT BASS HALL (?) the other night. Disc sent from NetFlix. I found it somewhat interesting. The pain is in listening to him sing, in general. But it was fun hearing Taku pay homage to Mick Fleetwood with little riffs & fills during TUSK. There was a lot of backup tape used for this concert, which disheartened me somewhat -- although if I think about it now, I don't really care. I mostly enjoyed the medium-short film on the DVD. The scenes with Lindsey speaking sotto voce into the phone with a manager (?) about various labels refusing to sign him were so funny that I laughed myself silly. In those scenes, Lindsey is Everyman. Awareness dawns slowly in him. His plight is a metaphor for everyone's plight.

moviekinks.blogspot.com