Thread: Silent Night
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I can't remember where, but there is a better version where she goes a little higher on "sleep in heavenly peace" which for my ears was way too low on the original- which was otherwise great.

Topic for another thread- Stevie's teaming up with the star of the moment usually comes in too late- Macy Gray, Bruce Hornsby and Rupert Wine, even Natalie Mains to a degree. It's her more obscure collaborations where she really shines, the best being Walter Egan where she sings so ridiculously good, it beats some of her Mac vocals. Also, her political subject songs are released years after the events- New Orleans etc.
True. I have always said if Sometimes A Bitch was released one year earlier in 1988, it would have been a huge hit because of Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi had a big career after that but his limelight was huge 1986-1988 when he brought Cher back to the charts, etc. Her people wanted the Bon Jovi connection for current success but it was too late. Music was changing.
Bruce Hornsby was huge in 1988 but when her album came out in 1989, he was sort of washed up. Do you think by chance Stevie killed their career Hmmmmm

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-24-2021 at 09:08 AM..