View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow Songbird album first listen

The CD has not arrived yet but Amazon will let you stream it for free. You guys are in for a BIG surprise. Usually remixes are faintly noticed and there are a few things turned up or down. OMG these songs are completely different. Friend starts out like the ending of the song with the da da da's. The Challenge has this heavy guitar riff through the entire song. I suppose this is Clapton. The original song has his picking away and its the melody. I love a heavy guitar riff but this is so shocking its going take some getting used too. It over powers the song.
But give me time, I have not gotten through all the songs yet. I am excited because I was not expecting such radically different versions of these songs.
Personally I prefer the music beginning to Friend compared to vocals right away. Its just so radically different that its going to take a few listens to really soak it all it. All the percussion parts of Ask Anybody are turned way up. Northern Star is odd because like Songbird it almost sounds like the music is interfering with the vocals and timing of the vocals. All You Gotta Do is so bluesy and has this incredible organ in it. Very classic Christine. Easy Come Easy Go is a great and fresh remix with the guitars turned way up. Love it. I just want more and think of the possibilities of some of her better known songs remixed like this. I have always said Love Will Show Us How always needed a remix to jazz it up.
The new heavy metal version of The Challenge is freaking awesome

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-24-2022 at 06:43 AM..