View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Who the heck writes these questions, what is this an annual performance review? What are your goals for the next couple of years? She's almost 80. Mitigating back pain and trying to enjoy the rest of her days. That's the goal.
I love the brevity and matter-of-factness of her responses. While the rest of Fleetwood Mac is continually embroiled in regrets and recriminations, Chris is the Anti-Drama.

Quote:
What are your goals over the next few years?
Stay alive, hopefully. Well, I’ll be 80 next year. So, I’m just hoping for a few more years, and we’ll see what happens.
Quote:
It's interesting to hear her take on all of the fighting. Makes one wonder just how overblown a lot of it had become over the years. How much of it was exaggerated in the minds of Stevie and Lindsey?
I think she’s deliberately playing the positive ion to all the negative ions. Probably more than anyone else, she wants Mac’s legacy to be musical, not sociological. She downplays the melodrama, while the others (and the press) emphasize it. But the truth sits between.

Sounds, too, as if she’s back in London permanently. I hope she plans to see Lindsey play somewhere next fall. They ought to both start demoing again for a follow-up to the June 2017 album.

moviekinks.blogspot.com