View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I disagree. He looks fine. No one looks fantastic on a zoom call. For his age, he looks really good.
I also disagree with you about introducing him as a member of Fleetwood Mac. IMHO, that's wrong because it glosses over what happened. I refuse to "pretend" it did not happen and Mick and the band should live with the consequences. When Nile called Mick a gentle and kindered spirit, I almost closed out the interview. Its another gloss over the decision Mick made. Money over legacy. Stevie over the band. Recently Mick talks like it never happened and started praising Lindsey again.
(**start playing the song Wrong**)
I dislike the pretending and the best thing for Lindsey to do is to go his own way.
I did look again at the photo. You're right. He still looks like Lindsey; it's the cheeks that just make Cher pop in my head.
I respect what you say about him being introduced as a former member. But I also think by him being introduced as Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist, it backfires on Stevie and Mick. By that I mean he's still considered a member of Fleetwood Mac.

I think Lindsey doesn't want to let what Stevie did to him destroy his relationship with Mick. Even in 2018, Lindsey said to RollingStone that Mick is still a great guy.

Ultimately, Lindsey's the one who came out of the firing with integrity. Mac did an oldies tour. Lindsey released his first "Best Of" and it included new tracks.

Lindsey remained an artist and did his first tour celebrating his career with songs never done live. Stevie, Chris, Mick, and John were a jukebox playing mainly songs that were done live plenty of times and songs not written nor recorded by Stevie or Chris (BMW, Tell Me, I Got You, Don't Dream, Hypnotized)