View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I read somewhere that her people thought that staying in Fleetwood Mac at that point was hurting her career. Maybe she gave them the leftovers from her solo work. I know “Whole Lotta Trouble” was something she originally planned for Fleetwood Mac, but it sounded like they were taking a few liberties she objected to.

Overall, I think the production tanked “Freedom” and maybe “Affairs of the Heart.” Maybe they would have been fine with a different producer. I think Greg would have ruined “Rooms on Fire.”
I agree, Rooms on Fire is a solo song and the BTM era of the Mac wouldn't have the same magic (pardon the pun).

I think you are half right. I dont think it was a conscious decision not to offer her better songs. She was offering her most recent writings which were poor in the klonopin era. Where I do think you are right is her hoarding her older songs for solo work which were better than her current writings at that time. Her contributions to Tango and BTM were all recent writings. I think she was trying to remain fresh.