View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:42 AM

'Scream Queens' Adds 'Pretty Little Liars' Alum Diego Boneta And 'The Expendables 3' Star Glen Powell
Christian Saclao , Design & Trend
Feb, 26, 2015, 03:26 AM

Diego Boneta and Glen Powell are the latest addition to the already impressive cast of the upcoming Fox horror-comedy anthology series "Scream Queens."

Boneta, 26, and Powell, 24, both scored series regular roles in the new show conceived by "Glee" creators Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan, Deadline reported.

The two hunky actors join fellow series regulars Joe Manganiello ("True Blood"), Lea Michele ("Glee"), Keke Palmer ("Akeelah and the Bee"), Abigail Breslin ("Little Miss Sunshine"), Skyler Samuels ("The Stepfather"), Lucien Laviscount ("Waterloo Road"), Emma Roberts ("American Horror Story") and Jamie Lee Curtis ("True Lies").

Niecy Nash ("Getting On") and newcomer Billie Lourd ("Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens"), daughter of actress Carrie Fisher and CAA managing director Bryan Lourd, are also part of the acting ensemble.

Fellow singers Ariana Grande ("Sam & Cat") and Nick Jonas ("Kingdom") will also appear in recurring roles.

Boneta, a Mexican singer and actor, is best known for playing Javier on CW's "90210." He also appeared as Alex Santiago on ABC Family series "Pretty Little Liars." He also played Drew Boley in Adam Shankman's big screen production of "Rock of Ages," released in June 2012.

RELATED: 'Scream Queens' Co-Creator Ryan Murphy Drops First Bloody Teaser For Fox New Horror-Comedy Series [WATCH]

Powell, on the other hand, appeared in several films including "The Great Debaters," "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Expendables 3."

Plot details and information about Boneta and Powell's role are being kept under wraps. But Roberts recently teased that the upcoming series is going to be hilarious. "I literally was crying laughing when Ryan was telling me about it, and telling me some jokes on it," the 24-year-old actress told Vulture at Valentino's Haute Couture show last month.

At the time, the "We're the Millers" star thought that the vibe of the show would be quite similar to that of "American Horror Story: Coven," in which she played Madison Montgomery.

"It going to be a lot of girls, and it reminds me of 'Coven' in a way that it is just like having all that female energy on set."

"My character - which I can't tell you about yet - it's even better than Madison Montgomery," she told MTV News at z100′s Jingle Ball on Dec. 12.

The hour-long comedy, which will be executive produced by Murphy, Falchuk and Brennan alongside Dante Di Loreto, will premiere in the fall with the production kicking off this spring.

http://www.designntrend.com/articles...len-powell.htm