View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
What’s tricky for Lindsey is that he and Stevie started out together and their relationship was a synergetic one. She was the ambitious singer-songwriter who had amazing stage presence and an amazing sense of harmony. He was the introverted musical genius. He worked wonders on her songs, on their songs, and became an amazing acoustic guitarist in his own right, while she seemed to call shots he might have gone against his instincts and made him uncomfortable, but were ultimately in their best professional interests. They pushed each other in ways that made them what they became.

The fact is Lindsey joined an established band with a long standing on a major label with his girlfriend and musical partner with whom his career began just after high school and made an album a few years later.

That said, Lindsey’s talents as a guitarist and producer are all his own.
I commend you for this.
I think like Stevie needed Lindsey for her songs to come alive, Lindsey needed Mick to give his stuff a shot in the arm too... which is why i think there is an unbreakable bond Lindsey has with Mick too. I remember watching Mick sitting directly behind Lindsey at Musicares. Touching Lindsey on the back, probably talking to him about how great life is to have these performers pay tribute.