View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't think it's respectful to say to BLY to not go to concerts or watch YouTube videos. I mean YouTube is free so why not watch the videos And why is there a problem needing to be solved? They didn't say I can't listen to her ever again.
As you stated, they don't feel Stevie or FM should continue their live shows; that feeling is not a "problem."
People are free to critique performances. I love Stevie and I watched the Jazz Fest performance of Gypsy, and it sounded very different from her 2016 performances. The "you see your Gypsy"s have dropped in range. If I paid $500-$1,500 to see her sing like that, I'd be disappointed.

Mick Jagger and Keith sound amazing.
Critiquing a performance is fine… saying someone should quit touring is a different thing. I definitely did not mean to be disrespectful to BLY, and I don’t think I was. If I hate horror movies, I could say I hate them and they shouldn’t be made anymore; or I could just say, I hate horror movies, so I don’t watch them. I wouldn’t say they shouldn’t be made anymore. For me to say, I don’t think Pat Benatar should tour anymore because she can’t sing as well as she did 40 years ago, or 10 years ago, or 2 years ago, is disrespectful, I think. Why rain on people’s parade, you know what I mean? When I saw Blondie several years back and was telling some friends what a great show it was, one friend said “oh my god, she’s still touring?” Why my friend was so irritated about Blondie touring I have no idea.