View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
But not Free Fallin'?

I don't get the Wild Heart and Bella Donna sampling. Play the whole songs.
I don’t like her recorded version of Free Falling, but it sure was effective when she performed it live with Fleetwood Mac. But I agree with you, she should have replaced it with one of her solo hits, I just forgot to specifically mention that song.

With Covid, she probably didn’t get to practice as much before this gig, so the band just played Wild Heart and Bella Donna the way they had during 24 Karat. Both songs are fairly long anyway, so even only playing half of each song was still pretty long.

Considering her age, I have lower expectations for seeing her live. Same thing with Christine and Lindsey. I understand their songs aren’t going to sound as good live. They’re in their 70s. It’s amazing none of them are using walkers. Phil Collins did the Genesis tour sitting on a stool and not playing drums. Unfortunate but it sounds like it was an entertaining show and he probably felt great being on stage again. I say go see all these folks live in concert while you have the opportunity and they’re able to perform.