View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Rise of Skywalker as the top of the Skywalker triology?
I knew that could be controversial. IMHO, The Last Jedi was too heavy. The "Luke teaching Rey to be a jedi" scenes are so dark and boring that when I watch again that movie at home those scenes I just fast forward. I didn't enjoy it enough.

My premise is that any trilogy couldn't be as good as the first (released) one. Why? Maybe because Lucas was at his best creative moment. (and he didn't was even enough involved in the last one so you guys just fill the blanks). And because, to me, Star Wars was just entertainment seasoned with mythology, action, drama and humor. I mean no Star Wars movie will ever be Citizen Kane. And it doesn't have to be. Another reason... because the first trilogy came in the right moment: Hollywood right moment, the novelty of these new movies and technology, and my right moment (my teenage, I was hungry of heroes, or anti heroes and Solo fit perfect *).

So RoS was a nice try to go back to that, of course not the best try and probably filled with lot of faults in its story, scenes, characters, etc. But even my fave movie, ESB is filled with several faults too. And since it wasn't "that moment" any more. Any attempt to return to that feeling would not be successful. And any attempt to do a different thing would generate the reaction "Hey! this is not Star Wars!"

There could be a lot of reasons I could add, but... so as not to bore you, call me crazy but I just enjoyed RoS more than the previous 2 films.

(*) Yes, they killing Han Solo was the reason The Force Awakens was not my top movie of that trilogy. I still can't forgive them!!!

Last edited by Villavic; 04-22-2021 at 07:13 AM..