Thread: Time
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
PenguinHead, do you know anything about Mama Cass' connection to Voytek Frykowski and Abigail Folger, who were victims of The Manson Family at Sharon Tate's house? I heard that Cass had a boyfriend who was basically using her for the money and he had connections to Sharon Tate and her friends. Supposedly, Cass also lived in Benedict or Laurel Canyon.
Interesting! Well I know Cass had a house in Laurel Canyon. She was essentially the welcoming committee for all the English rock stars who came to the US. There are photos of Graham Nash, Joni Mitchel, Steven Stills, Neil Young and Eric Clapton etc...hanging out at her house. Cass was a social matchmaker bringing people together.

Cass had a boyfriend who was not of the standard she deserved. Given that it was small community of people in the entertainment business, I'm sure she and her boyfriend crossed paths with Sharon Tate and her associates. John and Michelle Phillips hosted big parties at their house. They were friends with Sharon, so it's likely they were all part of that that social scene to a certain extent.

If I had access to my books, I could give you more detailed answers. I love studying that era of music/history.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-08-2014 at 12:46 AM..