View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Although the record eighteen months to complete, Stevie Nicks spent a total of two weeks in the studio with the band, as she was promoting her third solo record, Rock a Little, throughout this period. Nicks sent demos of her songs to the band, recorded while she was on tour, for them to work on in her absence. "Welcome to the Room... Sara" was inspired by her thirty-day stay at the Betty Ford Center to overcome her cocaine addiction in October 1986 (Nicks used the pseudonym "Sara Anderson" when she checked into the facility).[16][17][18]

When Nicks did go to the studio, she often felt unmotivated: "I can remember going up there and not being happy to even be there... I didn't go very often". With vocal sessions taking place in Buckingham's master bedroom, Nicks recorded her parts for Buckingham and McVie's songs intoxicated. Given their poor quality, Buckingham was forced to erase most of Nicks' vocals from these recording sessions after she left the studio.[19][22]
Already I’m confused by this timeline. It says Stevie sent demos to the band while she was on tour for RAL; then it says Welcome to the Room Sara was written and recorded after she went to rehab… which was after her RAL tour was over. So apparently some of the album was done after rehab.

While I appreciate Lindsey did the album as a favor to Mick, guess what- so did everyone else. Stevie said she didn’t want to be there, and she barely participated, but she did sing 3 songs. Christine did her best work here, too. She outshines Stevie and Lindsey so much on this album. And John didn’t have to work on this album, either. So does Lindsey deserve kudos? Absolutely, but so do Christine and John. Mick benefitted from the album, but they all did. A lot. And considering Lindsey’s solo stuff didn’t sell as much as FM, it benefitted him to have his solo songs Caroline, Tango, Family Man, and Big Love on this album, because they got maximum exposure they wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. I’m sure Lindsey knows this, too.