View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree with all of that.

Friend was perfect in its original form. It almost seemed like a desperate idea how they start the song as if he knew it was perfect so what can we do?

The Challenge is definitely the winner of the remix on the album.
The new songs are really good.

I am sad that Love Will Show Us How did not make the album because I have said since 1984 the song was just a remix away from a big hit. Add some bouncy keyboards and drumming and turn up the guitars a bit.

Oddly enough Songbird is the miss of the album called Songbird. I got "so excited" when I heard Songbird was going to be used with an orchestra. But this is a miss for so many reasons. The music does not seem to go with the song. It's clear the music was just layered in with the singing. It would have been nice to actually hire an orchestra and have them develop the music and then play it live with the singing and record it. But I guess that would cost too much money.
Yeah—there was nothing wrong with the original friend (except maybe one too many repetitions, though the acoustic version is flawless).

I was a little bummed to see it wasn’t Christine’s organ work on either “The Challenge” or “All You Gotta Do,” but her piano in the latter is still up front.