View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I'm almost startled by how much I am enjoying these remixes.

I have always loved In the Meantime, but often felt that Dan Perfect got a bit excited with the layering of tracks on an elementary Pro-Tools. Christine's playing, as it should be, is centred in these remixes.

Ask Anybody has Mick and Ray Cooper playing, no wonder they turned up the percussion.

The real dirge on the album is that sloppy muzak version of Songbird, and Northern Star.

But I like how these tracks hang together and the sequencing has shown that Chris has shown a modicum of interest in this project, which was more than I was expecting when I saw the tracklist and heard the first two tracks released.

This will get a high spin on my turntable.
They. really knocked Ask Anybody out of the park. It's a lot more intense, as it should be.

Surprisingly I love the sequencing and Songbird actually grabbed me yesterday. I focused on how beautiful the vocal is. And the rest is window dressing. The duet with Hawkins keeps getting better and better.

And most importantly, I love hearing Christine sing, play organ and keyboards. She's so talented in a way that moves me as a human being. My expectations were low and so now I'm really enjoying the flow of this CD.

By the way, Sweet Revenge is dynamite. Never took to it before, but it has a certain genius to it.