View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://en.brinkwire.com/entertainme...ey-buckingham/

Creative peak demonstrates there’s life after Mac, according to Lindsey Buckingham.

BY HELENA SUTAN ON SEPTEMBER 25, 2021ENTERTAINMENT

Fleetwood Mac were the biggest band in the world, but they were also a captivating soft rock soap opera. They were known for having shady relationships, mainly with each other.

Lindsey’s ex-girlfriend Stevie Nicks gave her bandmates an ultimatum three years ago: “Either he goes or I go.” “Get aht of my band!” as Peggy Mitchell would have said.

Lindsey, who penned Tusk, Big Love, and Go Your Own Way, was fired as a result of Mac-xit.

It got a lot worse. The guitarist/singer had a massive heart attack, lost his voice, and filed for divorce from his wife Kristen.

Buckingham claims that his new solo album, his first in ten years, was composed primarily before all of that, putting him on par with Mystic Meg. It’s foreshadowing! On The Wrong Side is a cheerful, radio-friendly West Coast power-pop track about escaping the Fleetwood Mac circus.

“Has the queen [Stevie?] lost her sight?” the driving Swan Song asks, channeling his dissatisfaction with the band’s unwillingness to recording.

Dreamy but resolute I Don’t Mind deals with the ups and downs of love, while Scream, the album’s exhilarating opener, is an honest celebration of marital love, where joy and grief must coexist, he says.

These ten tracks, recorded in Lindsey’s home studio, demonstrate that he hasn’t lost any of his compositional prowess. The sad Santa Rosa features an enormous chorus, as does the irresistible toe-tapper Power Down, which was inspired by Kristen’s attempt to move the family to a rural horse ranch.

Blind Love is inspired by the 1960s, with a hint of the Beach Boys, and he performs the wistful, haunting 60s folk classic Time. Oh, where does time go?

Lindsey Buckingham is approaching 72 years old, an age when most rock stars are content to pump out their greatest hits. However, this, as well as his 2017 record with Christine McVie, demonstrate that he’s reached a new creative height.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"