View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This article reminded me of something. In 1984 as her new solo album was breaking and her solo hit was racing up the charts, Chris bashed this album. She disliked it and hated that it was being re-released because of her current solo album. She made statements like she was embarrassed by some of the songs.
This has always been my peeve with Chris on how she bashes her solo work. She called In the Meantime somewhere in the gates of hell and she never really praised her 1984 album only calling it "pleasing to her own ears."

I want to grab her and shake her.......You are good girl. Yes you could sing good. Yes you have a knack for writing songs, and yes you can play a catchy groove. She has always been the loyal band member. But her solo work is excellent too. She is probably the only artist where I have never heard a horrible recorded song. There are a few I am not crazy about but they are never bad songs. Thats pretty rare in the music business. She knows what she is doing and it frustrates me when she constantly downplays herself.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-06-2021 at 04:50 PM..