View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I agree, it did add. The video reflects Stevie's fantasy world, though along the 80's that fantasy went too far, but at the time of the video it was great.

and that a new cable television channel called MTV was broadcasting our new videos ("Hold Me" set in desert dunes, "Gypsy" in a Stevie fantasy world).
(Mick's first book).
I would put my money on the depression theme was not Stevie's idea. They paid HUGE bucks for a movie director who probably came up with that concept IMHO. Stevie never had the say over her Civil War Stand Back video either. Some video "expert" painted the picture for her and she said ok. Then when she saw it, was not thrilled with it.

I also don't believe anyone in the band came up with the desert Hold Me theme either. Can someone chime in? They never were crazy about making videos. The record company insisted and hired creative people for the concept. I don't see the band saying....Yay, lets go to the desert heat and film a video. IMHO one reason they were so pissed off about the process is what they had to go through. Didn't John punch one of the directors during the shoot?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-16-2022 at 10:32 AM..